Signs of the porter are pocket slot items craftable with the Divination skill, which automatically teleport collected items to your bank. Every time an item is teleported to the bank, one charge is used on the active sign. When a sign is out of charges, it disappears.
The sign becomes active when it is equipped, and it can be deactivated by unequipping it. It will disappear when its charges have expired. Items are sent to the bank when they are obtained from a skilling action, or for items in the 'Other' category (see below), when they are picked up off the ground (which includes combat drops, such as dragon hides). Not only drops from monsters can be banked, but also items that a person was carrying in the Wilderness will be banked if the player picks up the loot while having an active sign.
When an ore is teleported through a sign of the porter, it will be stored in the player's ore bank accessible through any furnace, forge or anvil.
Urns will still be filled while collecting with an active sign. If the Varrock armour ore doubling effect is activated, the second ore is also banked. Shooting Star reward that doubles an ore will also be banked. Mining two ores from a concentrated coal or gold will bank both but only use one charge. When fishing shark, if you catch two, both are banked at no additional porter charge. If you do not have any space in your bank, the items you collect remain in your inventory.
New and activated signs can be consumed by a grace of the elves until the necklace reaches 500 charges. Ores will still store directly into a metal bank if teleported through a grace of the elves.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):.
- When mining with porters, if the mined resource can be stored in the metal bank, it'll be deposited into your metal bank instead of your bank.
- No longer send stardust to the bank when mining crashed stars.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The buff bar will now display the correct amount of charges when a player is using a 'Sign of the Porter' to collect Mort Myre Fungus.
- Muspah spines, though bankable through a sign of the porter, were not listed amongst the items teleportable. They were added to the 'Other' section on the 14 January 2019.