Sign of death
|Sign of death|
|Release||6 May 2014 (Update)|
|Backpack||Wear, Check cooldown|
|High alch||3,789 coins|
|Low alch||2,526 coins|
|If you die with this sign equipped, you will be restored to 15% of your health, while inflicting that much damage on your attacker. Does not work in PvP areas. Shares the 1 hour cooldown.|
|Exchange||15,368 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The sign of death is a special sign available at 79 Divination that automatically revives and restores the player 15% of their base life points. Additionally, if the target is not immune to reflect damage, it removes 15% of the target's base life points, to a maximum of 5000 damage. The damage type matches the user's weapon. It has a one-hour cooldown, shared with the sign of life, the portent of death, the portent of life, and the defence cape perk. It does not work in PvP areas.
When a player dies and is revived by a sign of death, any potion effects, prayers, and/or persistent abilities such as Incite will remain active; however any remaining adrenaline will be drained to 0%. One should be aware that if the sign goes off, the player will have a similar effect to Immortality where they cannot move for some ticks.
On purchasing the Death's support effect from Soul Reaper the amount that is healed by sign of death is doubled, thereby healing the player for up to 30% of their base lifepoints.
If a player is wearing a sign of death while the ability Immortality is active and they die, the ability will be consumed instead of the sign.
The sign of death may occasionally be received as a loot from a divine impling.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Fate of the Gods|
|Initial resource||Energy needed||Result||Exp.||Profit/loss|
|1 Diamond ring||100 Elder||Sign of death||16||-5,319|
- ^ Profit/Loss assumes purchasing all required ingredients, including energy, and selling the result.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Divine impling jar||N/A||1||Uncommon||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Sign of death|
|Disassembly category||Signs, portents, and divine locations|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.7%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 13 November 2017 (Update):
- Cooldown for signs or portents of life or death and the Defence skillcape now continues while logged out.
- patch 20 February 2017 (Update):
- Signs and portents of death will now correctly activate with Death's Support unlocked.
- patch 26 January 2015 (Update):
- The sign/portent of death will no longer deal damage to opponents when they are immune to damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sign of death somewhat resembles the symbol of Zaros, similar to how the sign of life resembles Seren's. Although not an exact copy of Zaros' symbol the colour and overall shape is very similar. A purple ring is also the symbol Zaros used to represent the Shadow element in his sanctum on Freneskae.