Sigils were items formerly equipped in the now-removed sigil slot. They could be activated for short-term beneficial effects. Activating any sigil put the entire slot on cooldown for a period of time dependent on the sigil used, disabling the usage of any sigil until the cooldown was over.
Sigils were reworked and removed with the update of 19 August 2019, which also partially refunded all owned sigils and replaced them with permanently unlocked abilities that have no upkeep cost, albeit with double the resources required to create the new ability codices and without the shared cooldown.
|Former sigil||Ability||Codex||Effect||Cooldown||Obtained from|
|Sigil of slaying||Slayer's Insight||N/A||+10% Slayer experience for 30 seconds.||120s||Shattered Worlds for 90,000,000 shattered anima each|
|Ferocious sigil||Kuradal's Favour||N/A||Instant respawn of Kuradal's Dungeon monsters (killed by the user) for 30 seconds.||60s|
|Aggression sigil||Aggression||N/A||Up to 8 nearby monsters within 5 square distance begin attacking the user.||90s|
|Golden touch sigil||Golden Touch||Golden Touch ability codex||High-alchemises all drops not exceeding the lootbeam value for 60 seconds||120s||Sophanem Slayer Dungeon for 2,000 vital sparks each|
|Limitless sigil||Limitless||Limitless ability codex||Thresholds are usable at 15% adrenaline (instead of 50%) for 6 seconds.||90s|
|Unsullied sigil||Unsullied||Unsullied ability codex||Maintains corruption damage bonus without receiving increased damage for 30 seconds.||60s|
|Ingenuity of the humans||Ingenuity of the Humans||Ingenuity of the Humans ability codex||The next ability or spell cast is guaranteed to hit the target. Lasts for 6 seconds, or until an ability or spell is used.||90s||Ingenuity of the Humans ability codex (tradeable), which requires:|
|Dragon slayer sigil||Dragon Slayer||Dragon Slayer ability codex||Damage against dragons is increased by 15% for 10 seconds.||60s||Dragon/Demon/Undead Slayer ability codex (tradeable), which requires:|
|Demon slayer sigil||Demon Slayer||Demon Slayer ability codex||Damage against demons is increased by 15% for 10 seconds.||60s|
|Undead slayer sigil||Undead Slayer||Undead Slayer ability codex||Damage against the undead is increased by 15% for 10 seconds.||60s|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- Sigils will now be removed and refund given correctly on F2P worlds.
- Impatient will no longer trigger on sigil abilities.
- Sigil Abilities will no longer give chat box messages when their effects wear off as there are now buff bar icons to communicate this.
- Certain sigils were able to be used and spammed when on cool-down, this has now been fixed and they can't be used when on cool-down.
- A disconnection when logging in to remove sigil objects has been resolved.
- update 19 August 2019 (Update):
- All sigils were removed and replaced with abilities.
- To unlock these new abilities, you'll need to craft codices. These codices are a little bit more costly than the original sigils were to make up for the fact that you'll no longer need to pay the costs of upkeep.
- All existing sigils have been cleaned up from inventories and banks, and the composite materials were refunded based on how charged the sigils were at the time of removal.
- As abilities, these multiple sigil effects can be added to the action bar, meaning that their effects can stack. You can find the sigil abilities in the Constitution, Defence, and Magic ability books.
- Aggression and and Slayer's Insight had their cooldowns increased to 2 minutes (from 60 seconds) for balance purposes.