The Shipyard is a ship-building facility on the east shore of Karamja and south-east of the Karamja lodestone, built under the discreet supervision of Glough to raise a navy capable of attacking the human population of Gielinor. It is first visited by players completing The Grand Tree, and subsequently plays a role in Monkey Madness. Entering the Yard requires the player to speak the password (Ka, Lu, Min) which is obtained during The Grand Tree quest.
Also there is a small hut with the local G.L.O. Caranock, who plays a small part in the Monkey Madness quest and is a potential customer for hard orders in the Gnome Restaurant activity. There is also the shipyard foreman who plays part in The Grand Tree and Monkey Madness quests.
A destination for a level 3 Treasure Trail coordinate clue is located just east of the hut.
Off the coast, players can occasionally see a shark. Though it is level 1, it is not attackable.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- There is a charter ship available in the eastern part of the Yard, after completion of The Grand Tree and partial completion of Monkey Madness(after talking with G.L.O. Caranock in the quest). It is owned and operated by Trader Stan and his helpers as usual.
- The nearest fairy ring is dkp, to the north-west of the Shipyard.
- A Gnome glider lands to the south of the Shipyard for your transportation needs. The crashed glider to the west used in the Grand Tree quest is not part of the network.
- The password is 'Ka' 'Lu' 'Min' when the shipyard worker is asking you.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Shipyard worker, level 28
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- Players will now be charged the correct amount of coins when chartering a ship from Karamja to the Shipyard.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Switching camera view on shipyard interface no longer causes the minimap to mess up.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the shark is examined, a message will appear saying 'Let's not go skinny dipping, eh?' This could be a possible reference to the film Jaws.
- The shipyard is one of the submarine locations.
|Part 2 of the Gnome quest series|
|Part 3 of the Gnome quest series • Part 1 of the Monkey quest series|
|Cities, towns and settlements|
|Points of interest|