A shiny animal is a player-owned farm animal which was born with the shiny property. All 23 species have a shiny variant of which 21 species have the possibility of any breed being shiny. Dragons, however, have a separate breed which is their shiny variant: royal dragon. Shiny spiders share their appearance with araxyte spiders, however araxyte spiders are not shiny by default, but like the other breeds of spiders can be shiny.
A shiny animal can be born from any pair of animals within the same species with a small chance. This chance can be increased if one or both parents have the Sparkling, Glistening, and/or Radiant traits. These traits can stack to increase the chance more. The shiny dragon, royal dragon, however requires specific traits to have a chance to be born, for more information on that, see their article, royal dragon.
- Sparkling adds 2% to shiny chance and can be used in slots 1, 2, and 3.
- Glistening adds 3% to the shiny chance and can only be used in slots 2 and 3.
- Radiant adds 5% to the shiny chance and can only be used in slot 3.
Players could use an animal trait re-roller to get Sparkling in the first slot, Glistening in slot 2, and Radiant in slot 3 totaling to a +10% chance increase per parent for a shiny animal. This can be further increased by +5% if the Senior Master Farmer rank is reached within the Farming reputation system requiring 1,100,000 Farming reputation. If the animal is shiny is determined at birth after the animal got its own traits meaning if the animal managed to obtain one or more shiny trait that those values would be added as well. Meaning if both parents as well as the child itself have the three shiny traits mentioned earlier as well as at least the Senior Master Farmer from the Farming reputation system then their offspring will have a chance of +35% to become shiny.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Jackalope, the shiny rabbit
Lizard chicken, the shiny chicken (can only be female, no male shiny roosters)
Golden chinchompa, the shiny chinchompa
Golden ewe, the shiny female sheep
Golden ram, the shiny male sheep
Araxyte spider, the shiny spider
Magical zygomite, the shiny zygomite
Harlequin cow, the shiny cow
Sacred yak, the shiny yak
Royal dragon, the shiny dragon
Cactoad, the shiny frog
Wytchfire salamander, the shiny salamander
Luminous jadinko, the shiny jadinko
Hypnotic dinosaur, the shiny varanusaur
Magnificent dinosaur, the shiny brutish dinosaur
Oculi apoterrasaur lucidum, the shiny oculi apoterrasaur
Arcane apoterrasaur lucidum, the shiny arcane apoterrasaur
Spicati apoterrasaur lucidum, the shiny spicati apoterrasaur
Scimitops lucidum, the shiny scimitops
Asciatops lucidum, the shiny asciatops
Malletops lucidum, the shiny malletops
Bagrada lucidum, the shiny bagrada
Corbicula lucidum, the shiny corbicula
Pavosaurus lucidum, the shiny pavosaurus
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 25 November 2019 (Update):
- New shiny animals were added with the addition of the Ranch Out of Time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term "shiny" may be a reference to the Pokémon series. In those games, the player can encounter shiny variants of Pokémon which are notable for both their rarity and unique colour palette. In turn, the concept of shininess is similar to albinism, a rare phenomenon where humans, animals or plants will lack any sort of pigmentation resulting in white hair, feathers, scales or skin.