Shield Dome is a Seren spell unlocked after The Light Within. It conjures a shield in a 3x3 area around the player for 15 seconds that halves incoming damage to all players standing within it. The caster must stay in place and may not attack, use abilities, drink potions or eat food; otherwise, the spell will cancel.
Shield Dome reduces melee, magic, and ranged damage as well as soft typeless damage. Shield Dome stacks multiplicatively with all other forms of damage reduction, but because using abilities cancels it, it must be cast after activating any Defence abilities.
Shield domes cannot be layered on top of each other, and new shield domes affecting a player will have the damage reduction reduced by 25%, then 12%, 6%, 3%, and 1% until two minutes have passed since the first shield dome was cast.
Unlike other Seren group spells, Ironmen can use Shield Dome (from 26 June 2017). However, only the Ironman who cast the spell benefits from it. This spell cannot be used in Fist of Guthix.
|33||6,792|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 August 2016 (Update):
- Casting the Shield Dome spell will now cancel channeled abilities correctly.
- patch 9 May 2016 (Update):
- Shield Dome now starts at 50% reduction in PvP situations.
- Shield Dome will no longer cause players to attack themselves.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- The Shield Dome spell will no longer close other players’ interfaces when the effect expires.
- patch 1 September 2015 (Update):
- Channeling Shield Dome is now interrupted as expected by food, potion and ability use.
- Shield Dome now provides diminishing returns when re-cast repeatedly in PvP areas.