They were sprung into existence during the battle with Kakashi. With Kakashi defeated, his weapon's anima was returned to Kami-shima, and the island chose Sojobo, Kami and Honovi as its guardians. The three newly-appointed guardians befriended the many shi guardian lions that roam across Kami-shima. Kami adopted a shi cub whom she named Fraji, after Aagi's mother.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shi are likely based on Chinese guardian lions.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b The Tengu, "Guardians of the World", RuneScape.
- The Memory: The island itself came alive to aid us! Before our eyes sprang into being strange creatures to protect us, and to fight Kakashi and his mercenaries!
- The Tengu: I know of these creatures from Gu folklore - they are shi-guardian lions! They were ferocious. Kakashi never stood a chance - his death was a great victory for justice!
- ^ Kami-shima, RuneScape. "Kami-shima has 'chosen' Sojobo, Kami and Honovi, and now counts them among its guardians. These three have befriended the many shi guardian lions that roam across its land."
- ^ The Memory, RuneScape. "Kami-shima is so beautiful; I hope the island will let you visit some day. I'll show you my pet shi cub - she's so cute! I named her Fraji, in honour of Aagi's mother."
- ^ A Joint Acquisition, RuneScape. "The Memory and Occultist have befriended a shi that is guarding a secret cache of plate and chi. Sail to the tiny island of Nokami to retrieve it."