|Release||14 April 2003 (Update)|
|Music||Shantay Pass (music track), Sands of Time|
|doc • Talk page|
Since the release of the graphical update to Al-Kharid, players no longer need to purchase a Shantay pass or bribe the guards to travel through the arches. Members can pass straight through by clicking on the ground to the south.
The Shantay Pass has a Shantay Chest, which members can use to access their bank account, collect items from Grand Exchange, or to heal 10% health every second if health is depleted. They can use it to collect items from Grand Exchange transactions. Free players cannot access their bank here, but they can use the healing and Grand Exchange collection.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- A broomstick, obtained during Swept Away, enchanted by the Sorceress' Apprentice, allows members to directly teleport to the Sorceress's Garden (from with you can drink from the fountain and exit near the Shantay Pass) an infinite number of times.
- The Amulet of glory has four charges, all of which can be used to teleport the player to a variety of places. One of these places is the Shantay Pass.
- The Home Teleport spell to Al Kharid is also free with no requirements, and is the only free-to-play option.
Shantay Pass Shop[edit | edit source]
Shantay used to sell Shantay passes to players, each of which permitted them to exit the southern gate into the Kharidian Desert once. Alternatively, players could bribe the guard for 200 coins to let them through without a pass.
Transport to Port Sarim[edit | edit source]
Players can be arrested and placed in a cell at Port Sarim. This can be a useful way of effectively teleporting for free, but the delay caused by failed attempts at escaping makes this less attractive than it used to be. To be arrested by the guards, players can do the following:
- Talk to Shantay and say: "What is this place?" - if this is not the first time being arrested, or the player had already been arrested but had not talked to Shantay before, complete the dialogue and then repeat this.
- Say: "I am definitely an outlaw, prepare to die!"
- You will be put in his tiny jail
- Then, say "Deport me to Port Sarim!"
The player will then be sent to the jail at Port Sarim. To escape, players can right-click on the door and select the option to pick the lock. When you successfully do so, they are out. Then, all that is left is to walk out the door past the sleeping guard.
Note that this will give the player Thieving experience, but only on a members server. Also, no equipment is required and can be done by free players. It also seems that the more times it is done, the faster it is to get out the next time it is attempted.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Lighting a fire by the Shantay Pass will no longer burn Shantay's tent down.
- ninja 7 July 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer place certain items, such as Achievement Banners, down at the Shantay pass.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- The Shantay Pass "Stay out" button on the warning interface now functions correctly.
- patch 4 January 2012 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Postbag from the Hedge 20 reveals that the Shantay Pass was known as something else back in Early Fifth Age, although the other name was not mentioned.
- When PvP Worlds existed, the jail was sometimes used as a method to get easy kills. A victim would be tricked into declaring themselves a bandit to Shantay and getting locked in the jail. The victim was unable to leave because paying the fine or getting deported through the chatbox was impossible, because it was interrupted (closed) when they were shot at using ranged or mage.
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|