A pontifex shadow ring is an item which can be restored after completing the City of Senntisten quest by combining a pontifex observation ring (unlocked after Azzanadra's Quest) with a dragonstone at an archaeologist's workbench. The option to restore the ring appears under the Miscellaneous tab on the workbench.
Upon choosing to investigate the pontifex shadow ring, the following properties are shown. With the exception of the teleport, these effects are provided only with the ring equipped:
The teleport option takes the player to northern portion of the Senntisten cathedral.
The ring can be upgraded by using resonant anima of the Elder Gods, obtained from the bosses, Slayer creatures or skilling. The anima that they drop is untradeable until the ring has been upgraded with 1,000 of the corresponding resonant anima. Without overcharging, the ring needs to be worn for all effects.
Pontifex shadow ring general upgrades
||Troves per hour
|2 or lower
||Base ring or no ring
||1,000 anima of one type
||1,000 anima of two types
||1,000 anima of three types
||1,000 anima of four types
- Elder Troves (T3) now have a chance to contain Fragments of Pernix's quiver.
- Senntisten: +2% XP to all activities
- Ability to overcharge the ring becomes possible providing all its general and specific effects passively without wearing it. This is done by giving it to Wahisietel in Senntisten cathedral with 5,000 of each anima.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- 31 August 2021 (Update):
- The pontifex shadow ring must now be worn for its effects to be active.
- 26 July 2021 (Update):
- The Pontifex shadow ring's teleport option now teleports the player into Senntisten cathedral, rather than outside the Senntisten entrance.
- Prior to the release of the first front, the Nodon Front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon, the ring's teleport would take the player to outside the ancient doors to Senntisten. This would lead to a humorous exchange between Intern Jimmy and the player, where he explained that the wards gathered during the quest blocked the teleport, and that it would take "a few weeks" to allow the ring to teleport into the cathedral instead.