This page is a subcategory of Settings.
Legacy Modes[edit | edit source]
These settings are only available on desktop
Change to different interface and combat modes, for those who prefer how things used to be.
- Legacy Combat Mode
- Simplified combat, removing abilities and close to Old School combat. Only melee special attacks are available.
- Legacy Interface Mode
- Change the interface to a fixed layout that more closely resembles Old School RuneScape, and how the game looked before early 2011. This will disable interface layout customisation if active.
- Legacy Interface Skin
- Use the legacy colour scheme on the default interface system. This will not affect your ability to customise the interface.
- Legacy Map Icons
- Use the legacy icons on the minimap and worldmap. Map icons were updated in 2014.
- Slayer counter (legacy mode)
- Show the number of creature kills required for Slayer Tasks.
- Use XP speech bubbles
- A speech bubble graphic will appear overhead when gaining XP.