Server-wide Announcements (also known as the News Feed or Broadcast Announcements) are a feature that allows certain news as well as player accomplishments to be displayed to all other players in the Chat box. Certain messages are only broadcast across the server on which the player is logged in while others are displayed across every server. Any achievement is displayed to the player's friends. Messages that are server specific are displayed in orange, worldwide messages in red, and messages to friends in green. Game announcements will appear in yellow. Jagex Moderators have the ability to send special global announcements.
Prior to the New Interface System, a player's achievements were only displayed to everyone if they had their private chat set to on; they were displayed to any friend so long as their private was not set to off. After NIS, these broadcasts cannot be turned off, and are still shown to other players even if both the private chat, online status and game announcements are set to off.
Players have the option to toggle these announcements on or off in their chatbox. Originally, achievements were filtered with the rest of the game messages; now, only the game announcements are filtered this way.
Game announcements[edit | edit source]
These announcements are game-related news which inform the player of an upcoming event. They are all server specific. All announcements in this category may be toggled on or off in the Notification Messages menu, under the Social tab in Settings.
- Goblin raids starting; players with a combat level of 95 or above will not see these messages by default and must toggle them on to get them
- Demon Flash Mobs
- Wilderness Warbands
- Guthixian caches
- A WildyWyrm spawning on the game world
- Holiday related announcements (discontinued)
- Gielinor Games Marathons
- Egg hunts
- Finding a ghost during the 2012 Hallowe'en event
- News regarding The Bird and the Beast
- Snowverload spawning
- The cracker from the 2014 Christmas Event reaching completion
- Possessions in Falador Massacre (10th anniversary event)
Broadcast announcements[edit | edit source]
Broadcast announcements are achievements regarding other players. They are handled separately from game announcements, being toggled on or off with their own button on the chat interface.
Global announcements[edit | edit source]
These announcements will appear to everyone on all worlds across the game:
- Achieving virtual level 120 in all skills
- Achieving 99 in every skill
- Achieving True skill mastery in Invention or Slayer
- Earning 200 million experience in any skill
- Earning 200 million experience in all skills (currently 5.4 billion total)
- Earning the Completionist cape
- Earning the Completionist cape (t)
- Unlocking the Final Boss title
- Unlocking the Insane Final Boss title
- The first player to achieve a solo Araxxor kill.
- The first defeats of raid bosses and the first completion of raid feats, which lists the players involved in the raid.
- When the first player defeated Telos, the Warden at each 100% enrage interval. The maximum of 4,000% enrage has been reached and no more announcements will be broadcasted.
- Various firsts for Ironman accounts, including total level milestones and quest completions.
- Dying and exhausting your final life on Hardcore Ironman mode with a total level of at least 1000, including what total level the player had when they died, and how they died. On 3 November 2014 update, the minimum level was increased from 500 to 750. It was increased again on 22 June 2015 to 1000.
- News: HC Player just died in Hardcore Ironman mode with a skill total of 1337, fighting against: Chicken!
- Unlocking the Jack of All Trades title.
- The first player to unlock the Jack of Blades title.
- Unlocking the Jack of All Blades title.
- Unlocking the Master of All title.
- The first player to fully upgrade their base camp on Anachronia.
World achievements[edit | edit source]
These announcements will appear to everyone who shares the player's world at the time. They will also appear to all of the player's friends regardless of what server they are on.
- Gaining 99 in a skill
- Achieving True skill mastery
- Experience milestones in 50,000,000 intervals (50m, 100m, 150m)
- The 50m experience message does not activate for Dungeoneering, Invention and Slayer.
- The 100m experience message does not activate for Dungeoneering and Slayer.
- Total experience milestones (1 billion, 2 billion, etc.)
- Reaching a combat level of 138
- Buying the quest point cape for the first time
- Buying the master quest cape for the first time
- Buying the Veteran cape (5 year), Veteran cape (10 year), and Veteran cape (15 year) for the first time
- Buying a chromatic partyhat
- Receiving a skilling pet
- Unlocking the Jack of Trades title.
- Unlocking the Salty title.
- Unlocking the Sandy title.
- Unlocking the abyssal hound.
- Receiving a lucky dragonkin coin from the motherlode maw.
- Unlocking the Jack of Blades title.
- Spirit sigils: Divine sigil, Arcane sigil, Elysian sigil, Spectral sigil
- Torva equipment: Torva full helm, Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Torva gloves, Torva boots
- Pernix equipment: Pernix cowl, Pernix body, Pernix chaps, Pernix gloves, Pernix boots
- Virtus equipment: Virtus mask, Virtus robe top, Virtus robe legs, Virtus boots, Virtus gloves, Virtus wand, Virtus book
- Zaryte bow
- God crests: Crest of Zamorak, Crest of Sliske, Crest of Zaros, Crest of Seren
- Blade of Nymora and Blade of Avaryss
- Dragon rider lance
- Shadow glaive and Off-hand shadow glaive
- Wand of the Cywir elders and Orb of the Cywir elders
- Dragon full helm
- Seismic wand and Seismic singularity
- Drygore weaponry: Drygore longsword, Drygore mace, Drygore rapier, Off-hand drygore longsword, Off-hand drygore mace, Off-hand drygore rapier
- Dormant weaponry: Dormant Zaros godsword, Dormant Seren godbow, Dormant Staff of Sliske
- Reprisal Ability Codex
- Orb of pure anima, Orb of volcanic anima, Orb of corrupted anima
- Dragonstone armour
- Dragon limbs
- Barrows - Rise of the Six shields: Malevolent kiteshield, Vengeful kiteshield, Merciless kiteshield
- Araxxi parts: Araxxi's eye, Araxxi's fang, Araxxi's web
- Araxyte pet
- Boss pet items
- Wildywyrm parts: Wyrm heart, Wyrm scalp, Wyrm spike
- Glaiven wing-tip
- Steadfast scale
- Ragefire gland
- Kethsi outfit scroll
- Mazcab ability codex
- Achto Primeval equipment
- Achto Tempest equipment
- Achto Teralith equipment
- Lil' Tuzzy
- Imperium core
- Praesul codex
- Wand of the praesul
- Intricate chests:
- Hexhunter bow
- Soulgazer's charm
- Blightbound crossbow
- Off-hand Blightbound crossbow
- Erethdor's grimoire
- Ancient elven ritual shard
- Abomination cape
- Eldritch crossbow pieces
- Swordy McSwordFace
- Treasure Trail rewards
- These rewards can also be obtained from the Giant Oyster, prompting a similar announcement.
- Third-age armour:
- Melee: third-age full helmet, third-age platebody, third-age platelegs, third-age kiteshield
- Magic: third-age mage set, third-age mage hat, third-age robe top, third-age robe, third-age amulet
- Ranged: third-age ranger set, third-age range coif, third-age range top, third-age range legs, third-age vambraces
- Prayer: third-age prayer set, third-age druidic wreath, third-age druidic robe top, third-age druidic robe, third-age druidic cloak, third-age druidic staff
- Backstab cape
- Explosive barrel
- Effigies cape
- Dyes: Barrows dye, Shadow dye, Ice dye, Third-Age Dye and Blood dye
- These are broadcasted upon completing the boss collection log for their respective boss.
- Barrowed Time - Barrows brothers
- Blackout - Queen Black Dragon
- Can You Dig It? - Giant mole
- Chaos Theory - Chaos Elemental
- Checkmate - Kalphite Queen
- Exiled - Kalphite King
- Fallen Angel Nex: Angel of Death
- Family Affair - Barrows: Rise of the Six
- First Rule of Fight Caves - TzHaar
- Five-Star General - General Graardor
- Friendly Neighbour - Araxxi
- Game Over - Gregorovic
- Hard as a rock - Vorago
- Heart to Heart - Twin Furies
- How to shame your Dragon - King Black Dragon
- Keeper of the Faith - Commander Zilyana
- Liberated - Liberation of Mazcab
- Light as a feather - Kree'arra
- Long live the Kings! - Dagannoth Kings
- Once the hunter, now the hunted - Helwyr
- Out of Body experience - Corporeal Beast
- Party Anima - Telos
- Prison Break - Nex
- Raiders of the Lost Arc - Temple of Aminishi
- Revenge is sweet - Vindicta and Gorvek
- So-lacking in drops - Solak
- Superior Successor - The Magister
- We are legion - Legiones
- Whale food - K'ril Tsutsaroth
The two Feats below are not part of the Boss collection log, they are achieved by killing Telos at certain enrage intervals.
The following Elite Dungeons collections also have an announcement:
Achievements that will only appear to friends[edit | edit source]
These announcements will only appear to the player's friends even if their private is set to off. If the player sending the broadcast has their private status set to off, the broadcast will instead appear to them and only them. This differs from having private on in the sense that the broadcast will not appear in the sending player's chat box and only to receiving friends:
- Achieving all skills above a milestone in increments of 10; e.g. all skills above 50
- Unlocking the of Daemonheim title from Dungeoneering hard mode
- Unlocking the Defeater title from Vorago hard mode
- Unlocking the Daredevil title from Liberation of Mazcab
- Unlocking the Warden title from Telos
- Completing any elite Task set
- Finding a cute/mean Phoenix eggling, without specifying them which one was found
- Unlocking all spells in Livid Farm
- Finding a Sceptre of the gods
- Half-billion total experience milestones (500m, 1500m, etc.)
- Completing the Arc journal
- A player on your friends' list logging in after not having logged in for 31 days or more. This includes a quick chat reply option to send a message to the player.
- Completing the entirety of the Golden Path Challenge.
- Glacor boots: Ragefire boots, Steadfast boots, Glaiven boots
- Automaton Gloves: Static gloves, Tracking gloves, Pneumatic gloves
- Godsword hilts: Armadyl hilt, Bandos hilt, Saradomin hilt, Zamorak hilt
- Dragon items: Dragon claws, Dragon pickaxe
- Draconic visage
- Bandos armour: Bandos helmet, Bandos chestplate, Bandos tassets, Bandos warshield, Bandos gloves, Bandos boots
- Armadyl items: Armadyl crossbow, off-hand Armadyl crossbow, Armadyl helmet, Armadyl chestplate, Armadyl chainskirt, Armadyl buckler, Armadyl gloves, Armadyl boots
- Zamorak armour: Hood of subjugation, Garb of subjugation, Gown of subjugation, Ward of subjugation, Boots of subjugation, Gloves of subjugation
- Saradomin items: Saradomin's whisper, Saradomin's murmur, Saradomin's hiss
- Ascension grips
- Celestial handwraps
- Razorback gauntlets
- Ascension signets
- Champion's scrolls
- Kal'gerion battle commendation
- Spider leg parts: Spider leg top, Spider leg middle, Spider leg bottom
- Blood necklace shard
- Statius's warhammer
- Seiryu's claw
- Gemstone armour
- Nightmare gauntlets
- Khopesh of the Kharidian
- Off-hand khopesh of the Kharidian
- Gloves of Passage
- Cinderbane gloves
- Greater Barge, Flurry and Fury ability codex
- Blast diffusion boots
- Blowpipe feather
- Laceration boots
- Winning a prize in Balthazar's Big Raffle
- Winning a unique item from a 2014 Christmas present
Clan broadcasts[edit | edit source]
On 30 July 2018, an update was added that allows world and friends-specific server-wide announcements to be broadcasted to all clan members, regardless of what world they are on or if they are friends with players in the clan. They appear like so:
The settings for these broadcasts can be changed via the Clan Settings, allowing clans to turn off or reduce these types of broadcasts.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- System broadcasts will now correctly allow you to open any links attached to them while in the lobby.
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- Various broadcast messages no longer incorrectly link to Twitch or Youtube.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Friend broadcasts will no longer always appear in the colour selected for world broadcasts.
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Bandos boots will now give a broadcast message (as the other items do).
- ninja 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Friend-only broadcasts will now display in your own chat box as well to indicate a broadcast was sent.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- The type of Treasure Trail rewards broadcasted to world and friends has been standardised.
- patch 11 September 2017 (Update):
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Ironman and Hardcore Ironman players will now have the appropriate icon will appear next to their name in broadcasted messages.
- News broadcasts now all line up correctly.
- ninja 10 April 2017 (Update):
- The broadcast text for achieving virtual level 120 in a skill has been updated to mention level 120.
- A global broadcast for achieving virtual level 120 in all skills has been added.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- Added a broadcast for the intricate chests from Nex: Angel of Death.
- patch 15 February 2016 (Update):
- The global broadcast for achieving 5.4 billion total XP will now trigger correctly.
- ninja 18 January 2016 (Update):
- Achieving 120 Dungeoneering will now only broadcast on the current world and to friends.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Altered the logic behind total skill XP broadcasts to ensure they don't trigger a couple XP too early.
- patch 22 June 2015 (Update):
- Hardcore Ironman deaths will now broadcast only for total level of 1000 or greater.
- ninja 11 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now toggle broadcasts in Legacy interface by right-clicking the 'All' button.
- ninja 20 April 2015 (Update):
- Receiving a blood shard drop is now broadcast to friends.
- Receiving a pet edimmu will now be broadcast to the current world.
- patch 30 March 2015 (Update):
- Broadcast messages for reaching an XP milestone will now appear regardless of Adventurer's Log settings.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Wards of subjugation are no longer referred as shields of subjugation in broadcasted messages.
- patch 2 March 2015 (Update):
- Broadcasted messages once again appear on worlds running a different language.
- patch 23 February 2015 (Update):
- The correct item will now be broadcast when receiving drops from a lava strykewyrm.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- ninja 27 January 2014 (Update):
- Dragon limbs have been added to the drops broadcasted message system.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the clue rework update, barrows and shadow dye was only announced to friends.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Clan Admin Messages, for "Clan System" announcements