Server-wide Announcements (also known as the News Feed or Broadcast Announcements) are a feature that allows certain news as well as player accomplishments to be displayed to all other players in the Chatbox. Certain messages are only broadcast across the server on which the player is logged in while others are displayed across every server. Any achievement is displayed to the player's friends and members of their clan. Messages that are server-specific are displayed in orange, worldwide messages in red, and messages to friends and clan members in green. Game announcements will appear in yellow. Jagex Moderators have the ability to send special, global announcements.
A player's achievements are only displayed to everyone if they have their private chat set to on; they are displayed to any friend so long as their private was not set to off. These broadcasts can be turned off by setting your private chat, online status, and game announcements to off.
Players have the option to toggle these announcements on or off in their chatbox. Originally, achievements were filtered with the rest of the game messages; now, only the game announcements are filtered this way.
- 1 Game announcements
- 2 Broadcast announcements
- 3 Clan broadcasts
- 4 Update history
- 5 Trivia
- 6 See also
Game announcements[edit | edit source]
These announcements are game-related news which inform the player of an upcoming event. They are all server specific. All announcements in this category may be toggled on or off in the Notification Messages menu under the Social tab in Settings.
- Goblin raids starting; players with a combat level of 95 or above will not see these messages by default and must toggle them on to get them
- Demon Flash Mobs
- Wilderness Warbands
- Guthixian caches
- A WildyWyrm spawning on the game world
- Fully charged pylon at Kharid-et Dig Site
- Fully restored rex skeleton at Orthen Dig Site:
- Holiday related announcements (discontinued)
- Gielinor Games Marathons
- Egg hunts
- Finding a ghost during the 2012 Hallowe'en event
- News regarding The Bird and the Beast
- Snowverload spawning
- The cracker from the 2014 Christmas Event reaching completion
- Possessions in Falador Massacre (10th anniversary event)
- The Drop
Broadcast announcements[edit | edit source]
Broadcast announcements are achievements regarding other players. They are handled separately from game announcements, toggled on or off with their own button on the chat interface.
Global announcements[edit | edit source]
These announcements will appear to everyone on all worlds across the game:
- Achieving 99 in every skill
- Achieving virtual level 120 in all skills
- Achieving True skill mastery in Invention, Slayer, Farming, Herblore, or Archaeology
- Earning 200 million experience in any skill
- Earning 200 million experience in all skills (currently 5.6 billion total experience)
- Buying the Veteran cape (15 year) for the first time
- Earning the Completionist cape for the first time
- Earning the Completionist cape (t) for the first time
- Buying the master quest cape for the first time
- Unlocking the Final Boss title
- Unlocking the Insane Final Boss title
- Dying and exhausting the player's final life on Hardcore Ironman mode with a total level of at least 1,000, including what total level the player had when they died and how they died. On 3 November 2014 update, the minimum level was increased from 500 to 750. It was increased again on 22 June 2015 to 1,000.
- Unlocking the Jack of All Trades title
- Unlocking the Jack of All Blades title
- Unlocking the Master of All title
- Unlocking the Ultimate Slayer title
- Receiving hero items:
First player global broadcasts[edit | edit source]
Some broadcasts were unique and only triggered for the first player to reach a specific target. These include:
- The first player, Ironman, and Hardcore Ironman to achieve level 99, level 120, or 200 million experience in Archaeology and, presumably, future skills.
- The first player to achieve a solo Araxxor kill.
- The first defeats of raid bosses, Beastmaster Durzag and Yakamaru, and the first completion of raid feats, which lists the players involved in the raid.
- When the first player defeated Telos, the Warden at each 100% enrage interval. The maximum of 4,000% enrage has been reached and no more announcements will be broadcasted.
- Various firsts for Ironman accounts, including total level milestones and quest completions.
- Players first time to pull the strange switches in Wilderness for 10, 100 and 1,000 times.
- The first player to unlock the Jack of Blades title.
- The first players to defeat Solak in duo mode.
- The first, 100th, 100,000th, and 1,000,000th player to die during Solak encounter.
- The first player to fully upgrade their base camp on Anachronia.
- The first player, ironman player, and hardcode ironman player to unlock the Ultimate Slayer title.
- The first players to solve each of the Archaeology mysteries.
- The first players to complete each of the Dig Site Mastery Archaeology achievements.
- The first player to earn the Guildmaster qualification at the Archaeology Guild.
World achievements[edit | edit source]
These announcements will appear to everyone who shares the player's world at the time. They will also appear to all of the player's friends regardless of what server they are on.
- Gaining 99 in a skill
- Achieving True skill mastery
- 100m experience milestones
- This does not activate for Dungeoneering, Farming, Herblore, Slayer, and Archaeology.
- Total experience milestones (1 billion, 2 billion, etc.)
- Reaching a combat level of 138
- Buying the quest point cape for the first time
- Buying the Veteran cape (5 year), Veteran cape (10 year)
- Buying a chromatic partyhat
- Receiving a skilling pet
- Unlocking the Jack of Trades title
- Unlocking the Salty title
- Unlocking the Sandy title
- Unlocking the abyssal hound
- Unlocking Vinny
- Unlocking Effy
- Unlocking the Jack of Blades title
- Completing Dig Site Mastery Archaeology achievements
- Earning the Guildmaster qualification at the Archaeology Guild
Drops[edit | edit source]
- Torva equipment: Torva full helm, Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Torva gloves, Torva boots
- Pernix equipment: Pernix cowl, Pernix body, Pernix chaps, Pernix gloves, Pernix boots
- Virtus equipment: Virtus mask, Virtus robe top, Virtus robe legs, Virtus boots, Virtus gloves, Virtus wand, Virtus book
- Zaryte bow
- God crests: Crest of Zamorak, Crest of Sliske, Crest of Zaros, Crest of Seren
- Dragon rider lance
- Shadow glaive and Off-hand shadow glaive
- Wand of the Cywir elders and Orb of the Cywir elders
- Seismic wand and Seismic singularity
- Drygore weaponry: Drygore longsword, Drygore mace, Drygore rapier, Off-hand drygore longsword, Off-hand drygore mace, Off-hand drygore rapier
- Dormant weaponry: Dormant Zaros godsword, Dormant Seren godbow, Dormant Staff of Sliske
- Reprisal Ability Codex
- Orb of pure anima, Orb of volcanic anima, Orb of corrupted anima
- Dragonstone armour
- Araxxi parts: Araxxi's eye, Araxxi's fang, Araxxi's web
- Araxyte pet
- Boss pet unlock items
- Wildywyrm parts: Wyrm heart, Wyrm scalp, Wyrm spike
- Mazcab ability codex
- Achto Primeval equipment
- Achto Tempest equipment
- Achto Teralith equipment
- Lil' Tuzzy
- Praesul codex
- Wand of the praesul and Imperium core
- Intricate chests:
- Hexhunter bow
- Soulgazer's charm
- Blightbound crossbow and Off-hand Blightbound crossbow
- Erethdor's grimoire
- Abomination cape
- Eldritch crossbow pieces
- Swordy McSwordFace
- Greater Flurry, Greater Fury and Greater Barge ability codices
- Statius's warhammer
- Cinderbane gloves
- Blast diffusion boots
- Terrasaur maul components: Superior long bone, tribal fin, volcanic fragments
- Inquisitor staff pieces: Inquisitor's staff censer, Inquisitor's staff rod, Inquisitor's staff ornament
- Spear of Annihilation tip
Treasure Trail rewards[edit | edit source]
These rewards can also be obtained from the Giant Oyster, prompting a similar announcement.
- Third age armour:
- Melee: third age full helmet, third age platebody, third age platelegs, third age kiteshield
- Magic: third age mage set, third age mage hat, third age robe top, third age robe, third age amulet
- Ranged: third age ranger set, third age range coif, third age range top, third age range legs, third age vambraces
- Prayer: third age prayer set, third age druidic wreath, third age druidic robe top, third age druidic robe, third age druidic cloak, third age druidic staff
- Backstab cape
- Explosive barrel
- Effigies cape
- Dyes: Barrows dye, Shadow dye, Ice dye, Third Age dye, and Blood dye
- Second-Age armour:
Promotional[edit | edit source]
Feats[edit | edit source]
These are broadcasted upon completing the boss collection log for their respective boss.
- Barrowed Time - Barrows brothers
- Blackout - Queen Black Dragon
- Can You Dig It? - Giant mole
- Chaos Theory - Chaos Elemental
- Checkmate - Kalphite Queen
- Exiled - Kalphite King
- Fallen Angel Nex: Angel of Death
- Family Affair - Barrows: Rise of the Six
- First Rule of Fight Caves - TzHaar
- Five-Star General - General Graardor
- Friendly Neighbour - Araxxi
- Game Over - Gregorovic
- Hard as a rock - Vorago
- Heart to Heart - Twin Furies
- How to shame your Dragon - King Black Dragon
- Keeper of the Faith - Commander Zilyana
- Liberated - Liberation of Mazcab
- Light as a feather - Kree'arra
- Long live the Kings! - Dagannoth Kings
- Once the hunter, now the hunted - Helwyr
- Out of Body experience - Corporeal Beast
- Party Anima - Telos
- Prison Break - Nex
- Revenge is sweet - Vindicta and Gorvek
- So-lacking in drops - Solak
- Superior Successor - The Magister
- We are legion - Legiones
- Whale food - K'ril Tsutsaroth
The two Feats below are not part of the Boss collection log. They are achieved by killing Telos at certain enrage intervals for the first time.
The following Elite Dungeons collections also have an announcement:
- Dragonkin Swag - Dragonkin Laboratory
- Raiders of the Lost Arc - Temple of Aminishi
- The Shadow Thief - The Shadow Reef
The Slayer collection log feats also have announcements:
- Guardian of the Realm - Asgarnia & Misthalin
- 61 Shades of Red - Daemonheim
- Let it go, Legio - Feldip Hills
- The Start of Something New - Fremennik Province
- La Petite Mort - Kandarin
- Jungle Predator - Karamja
- Slayer of Chaos - Keldagrim
- Sand in my Loot - Kharidian Desert
- The Apex Predator - Lost Lands and Dungeons
- Fenkenstrain's Monster - Morytania
- Master of the Universe - Other Worlds
- Wildest of All - Wilderness
Achievements that will only appear to friends[edit | edit source]
These announcements will only appear to the player's friends even if their private is set to off. If the player sending the broadcast has their private status set to off, the broadcast will instead appear to them and only them. This differs from having private on in the sense that the broadcast will not appear in the sending player's chat box and only to receiving friends:
- Achieving all skills above a milestone in increments of 10 (up to 90); e.g. all skills above level 50
- Unlocking the of Daemonheim title from Dungeoneering hard mode
- Killing Vorago in hard mode and unlocking 'the Defeater' title
- Unlocking the Daredevil title from Liberation of Mazcab
- Unlocking the Warden title from Telos
- Finding a cute/mean Phoenix eggling, without specifying them which one was found
- Unlocking all spells in Livid Farm
- Finding a Sceptre of the gods
- Half-billion total experience milestones (500m, 1,500m, etc.)
- Completing the Arc journal
- A friend logging in after not having logged in for 31 days or more. This includes a quick chat reply option to send a message to the player.
- Completing the entirety of the Golden Path Challenge.
- Earning the Assistant, Associate, or Professor qualifications at the Archaeology Guild.
- Solving all mysteries at the each of the Archaeology Dig Sites (Kharid-et, Infernal Source, Everlight, Stormguard Citadel, and Warforge).
- Finding a dragon mattock
- 50m and 150m experience milestones
- The 50m experience message does not activate for Dungeoneering, Invention, Farming, Herblore, Slayer, and Archaeology.
- Receiving a lucky dragonkin coin from the motherlode maw
- Glacor boots: Ragefire boots, Steadfast boots, Glaiven boots
- Godsword hilts: Armadyl hilt, Bandos hilt, Saradomin hilt, Zamorak hilt
- Dragon items: Dragon mattock
- Bandos armour: Bandos helmet, Bandos chestplate, Bandos tassets, Bandos warshield, Bandos gloves, Bandos boots
- Armadyl items: Armadyl crossbow, off-hand Armadyl crossbow, Armadyl helmet, Armadyl chestplate, Armadyl chainskirt, Armadyl buckler, Armadyl gloves, Armadyl boots
- Zamorak armour: Hood of subjugation, Garb of subjugation, Gown of subjugation, Ward of subjugation, Boots of subjugation, Gloves of subjugation
- Saradomin items: Saradomin's whisper, Saradomin's murmur, Saradomin's hiss
- Ascension signets
- Champion's scrolls
- Kal'gerion battle commendation
- Spider leg parts: Spider leg top, Spider leg middle, Spider leg bottom
- Blood necklace shard
- Seiryu's claw
- Nightmare gauntlets
- Khopesh of the Kharidian
- Off-hand khopesh of the Kharidian
- Laceration boots
- Blowpipe feather, Blowpipe fins, and Blowpipe chitin
- Spirit sigils: Divine sigil, Arcane sigil, Elysian sigil, Spectral sigil
- Blade of Nymora and Blade of Avaryss
- Dragon limbs
- Barrows - Rise of the Six shields: Malevolent kiteshield, Vengeful kiteshield, Merciless kiteshield
- Glaiven wing-tip
- Steadfast scale
- Ragefire gland
- Kethsi outfit scroll
- Winning a prize in Balthazar's Big Raffle
- Winning a unique item from a 2014 Christmas present
Clan broadcasts[edit | edit source]
On 30 July 2018, an update was added that allows world and friends-specific server-wide announcements to be broadcasted to all clan members, regardless of what world they are on or if they are friends with players in the clan. They appear like so:
The settings for these broadcasts can be changed via the Clan Settings, allowing clans to turn off or reduce these types of broadcasts.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 September 2020 (Update):
- Ironman accounts that have been invited to become a player moderator will now correctly show their respective ironman icons in broadcasts.
- ninja 1 September 2020 (Update):
- Broadcasts from other players can now be toggled on or off with the option found under Settings > Messages & Social > Broadcasts.
- Different kinds of broadcasts can be toggled, and by default all broadcasts are turned on.
- Broadcasts settings are split between World, Friends, and Clan.
- Turning a broadcast setting off will still let the player see their own broadcast, but not other players' broadcasts of that type.
- Various broadcasts have also been reviewed and have had their 'tier' adjusted. For full details, see the Game News.
- The broadcast tiers are 1 - All Worlds, Clan, Friends; 2 - Current World, Clan, Friends; 3 - Clan, Friends; 4 - Broadcast removed. This included items such as the sigil drops from the Corporeal beast (2 > 3), and various common-rare drops like Draconic visage, Dragon pickaxe, etc (3 > 4).
- Broadcasts from other players can now be toggled on or off with the option found under Settings > Messages & Social > Broadcasts.
- patch 15 June 2020 (Update):
- The Ironman symbol will now correctly show up on world/global broadcast if you have your online status set to off.
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- Inquisitor Staff pieces, Annihilation Spear tips, and dragon mattocks will now all fire friends and clan broadcast messages.
- patch 17 February 2020 (Update):
- The broadcast for a Hazelmere's signet ring drop will now be displayed in areas where this was previously missed.
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- Friend and clan chat announcements now correctly trigger upon elite task set completion.
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- Checking your kills left from an enchanted gem and grim gem now displays the text in an infobox, instead of only sending the feedback to game messages.
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- The broadcast message for completing the Anachronia base camp will no longer trigger when building bait boxes, as they are not required for the achievement!
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- System broadcasts will now correctly allow you to open any links attached to them while in the lobby.
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- Various broadcast messages no longer incorrectly link to Twitch or Youtube.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Friend broadcasts will no longer always appear in the colour selected for world broadcasts.
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Bandos boots will now give a broadcast message (as the other items do).
- ninja 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Friend-only broadcasts will now display in your own chat box as well to indicate a broadcast was sent.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- The type of Treasure Trail rewards broadcasted to world and friends has been standardised.
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- The notification when a player has achieved the maximum skill level total on a free world has been corrected from 1700 to 1869.
- hotfix 28 November 2017 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was causing Ironman firsts broadcasts to retrigger.
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- The maximum total level milestone message for F2P has increased from 1656 to 1750 now that Fletching is a free skill.
- patch 11 September 2017 (Update):
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Ironman and Hardcore Ironman players will now have the appropriate icon will appear next to their name in broadcasted messages.
- News broadcasts now all line up correctly.
- hotfix 4 July 2017 (Update):
- A bug that was causing 3,100% enrage broadcasts to appear repeatedly has been fixed.
- ninja 10 April 2017 (Update):
- The broadcast text for achieving virtual level 120 in a skill has been updated to mention level 120.
- A global broadcast for achieving virtual level 120 in all skills has been added.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Unlocking TzRek-Jad via the spotlight store as the final requirement for the insane final boss title will now send the relevant broadcast.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- Added a broadcast for the intricate chests from Nex: Angel of Death.
- ninja 4 July 2016 (Update):
- patch 13 June 2016 (Update):
- Unlocking the Araxyte pet from the reroll feature on Araxxi's corpse will now send a broadcasted message.
- patch 25 April 2016 (Update):
- Fixed a grammar issue with the news broadcast for the dragon rider lance.
- patch 18 April 2016 (Update):
- Broadcasts for 50, 100 and 200 million XP in a skill now work correctly on F2P worlds.
- ninja 14 March 2016 (Update):
- The message displayed in the chatbox when achieving 10 million and Level 120 XP milestones will now specify which skill the message refers to.
- patch 15 February 2016 (Update):
- The global broadcast for achieving 5.4 billion total XP will now trigger correctly.
- ninja 18 January 2016 (Update):
- Achieving 120 Dungeoneering will now only broadcast on the current world and to friends.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Altered the logic behind total skill XP broadcasts to ensure they don't trigger a couple XP too early.
- patch 22 June 2015 (Update):
- Hardcore Ironman deaths will now broadcast only for total level of 1000 or greater.
- ninja 11 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now toggle broadcasts in Legacy interface by right-clicking the 'All' button.
- ninja 20 April 2015 (Update):
- Receiving a blood shard drop is now broadcast to friends.
- Receiving a pet edimmu will now be broadcast to the current world.
- patch 30 March 2015 (Update):
- Broadcast messages for reaching an XP milestone will now appear regardless of Adventurer's Log settings.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Wards of subjugation are no longer referred as shields of subjugation in broadcasted messages.
- patch 2 March 2015 (Update):
- Broadcasted messages once again appear on worlds running a different language.
- patch 23 February 2015 (Update):
- The correct item will now be broadcast when receiving drops from a lava strykewyrm.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- You won't send achievement broadcasts anymore if you've set yourself to appear offline.
- patch 3 March 2014 (Update):
- ninja 27 January 2014 (Update):
- Dragon limbs have been added to the drops broadcasted message system.
- patch 25 September 2013 (Update):
- Toggling off the goblin raids messages no longer also toggles off the demon raids message.
- patch 12 February 2013 (Update):
- patch 13 November 2012 (Update):
- Broadcasted messages no longer refer to the Bandos warshield as a Bandos shield.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the clue rework update, barrows and shadow dye was only announced to friends.
- Many broadcasts, such as those of the skilling pets, specify that the player has obtained the reward as a drop, even though the item is automatically placed in the player's backpack.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Clan Admin Messages, for "Clan System" announcements