|Release||3 December 2018 (Update)|
|Examine||A tiny part of Seren.|
|doc • Talk page|
A Seren spirit appears occasionally when the player has the grace of the elves equipped while training a gathering skill. It lasts 30 seconds before disappearing. Clicking it deposits an item from the rare drop table into the player's bank. If the bank is full, the item will go to the player's inventory. If the inventory is full, the item will be dropped onto the ground. Clicking the spirit does not interrupt the player's current skilling action. Having an active Spirit attraction potion while the spirit spawns will automatically collect the spirit.
When a spirit appears, a message says:
When a blessing appears with an active spirit attraction potion the folowing message appears instead:
After it is captured, the following message appears:
If the item is able to be placed in the bank, the following message appears:
- If the item is unable to be placed in the bank, it instead appears in the player's inventory, along with the following message:
If the player does not capture the spirit before it vanishes, the following message appears:
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Spawn rate of Seren spirits does not differ depending on method of training.
- Most methods of training can spawn a Seren spirit, including skilling in the Clan Citadel and on Uncharted Isles.
- Training Divination by using protean memories or by converting shadow cores can spawn a Seren spirit, although creating items with Divination, such as portents and signs, does not.
- Casting Lunar spells that are used for Farming such as Cure Plant and Fertile Soil can spawn a Seren spirit. This also works when casting the spells in Livid Farm.
- Having a luck-enhancing item equipped gives an increased chance of receiving improved loot from a Seren spirit.
- The roll for loot happens when looting the Seren spirit, meaning that a player can equip a luck-enhancing item after the Seren spirit spawns if not already wearing one.
- It is possible to obtain a Hazelmere's signet ring from the Seren spirit if a player has tier 4 luck, which can be attained for instance by wearing a Luck of the Dwarves, a Hazelmere's signet ring, their imbued versions, or by having the Luck of the Dwarves relic power active.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 17 February 2020 (Update):
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- A grammatical error when a Seren Spirit disappears has been resolved.
- patch 1 April 2019 (Update):
- The Seren Spirit now has a jingle when it appears, which can be heard if Sound Effects are turned on, making it more noticeable. There's still the existing sound when the spirit is present, located under ambient sounds, but you'll now get a Sound Effect when it spawns as there previously wasn't one.
- A timerbar will now appear above a Seren Spirit when one spawns.
- A message will appear if a Seren Spirit despawns before you could claim its reward.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Seren Spirits will now be visible when sharing a tile with other actors.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Seren spirits have an identical appearance to Seren in her shattered form within the Tower of Voices, prior to being reformed during quest The Light Within.
- Initially, Seren spirits were visible to all nearby players when spawned. This was unintentional and was hotfixed on the day of release.
- If there are many players and/or familiars in the area where a seren spirit spawns, the player will be unable to obtain the spirit due to the large number of entities in the area.
- If an interface is open when a spirit is to spawn (such as gathering produce at player-owned farm), it is possible to have multiple spirits spawn at the same time.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b mod_sova. Question regarding Seren Spirits. 3 December 2018. (Archived from the original on 6 December 2018.)
- ^ Conglacior. PSA: Using protean memories CAN spawn a Seren Spirit. 6 December 2018. (Archived from the original on 6 December 2018.)
- ^ Shaunyowns. Is loot determined when the Seren Spirit spawns, or when you loot it?. 5 December 2018. (Archived from the original on 5 December 2018.)