|Release||3 July 2013 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||500,000 coins|
|Low alch||333,333 coins|
|A powerful wand from the depths.|
|Exchange||649,378,973 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The seismic wand is a magic main hand weapon dropped exclusively by Vorago. It requires level 90 Magic to use.
It is the second strongest wand outside of Dungeoneering, slightly behind the Wand of the praesul.
The wand will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (but loses 2 charges per hit, so has a minimum duration of 5 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 3,000,000 coins. Despite the warning message it gives when equipping it, after repairing, it is fully tradeable again.
When dropped in a dangerous player-versus-player situation, the killer will receive the wand in its broken state.
When received with CoinShare active, the Seismic wand will be dropped as 120 Seismic wand shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
This item costs at most 3,000,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 750,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
Non-player characters[edit source]
These methods cost more as they do not consider player's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob—the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant—the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan—the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire—in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Improved methods[edit source]
These methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts):
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability of a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|3000000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||3,000,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||3,000,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||180,000|
|High rate[uc 3]||360,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||600,000|
Dyed[edit | edit source]
The Seismic wand can be recoloured with certain dyes for purely cosmetic purposes. A warning message is given when attempting to dye a plain Seismic wand.
Once the dye is applied, the Seismic wand becomes permanently untradeable.
|Item||Seismic wand (Barrows)||Seismic wand (shadow)||Seismic wand (Third Age)||Seismic wand (blood)||Seismic wand (ice)||Seismic wand (Aurora)|
Comparison with other magical weaponry[edit | edit source]
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|5 × Rumbling components||Always|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being a degradable piece of equipment, if the wand is broken there is no broken inventory sprite when wielded or in your inventory. The same affects the seismic singularity.
- Initially, the wand's inventory sprite did not show the blu-ish aura at the tip of the wand, while the model wielded by your character did. This was later changed.
Main hand magic weapons
|Mage Training Arena|
|Dyed seismic wand|
|Dyed wand of the praesul|
- Grand Exchange items
- Members' items
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are reclaimable on death
- Untradeable items
- Tradeable items
- Non-GE items
- Tier 90 equipment
- Main hand slot items
- Degrading equipment
- Magic weapons
- Items dropped by monster
- Items that disassemble into Base parts
- Items that disassemble into Head parts
- Items that disassemble into Magic parts
- Items that disassemble into Precise components
- Items that disassemble into Imbued components
- Items that disassemble into Rumbling components
- Disassemble category/wand
- Items that can disassemble into special materials
- Items that cannot disassemble into Junk
- Augmentable items
- Announced items
- Adventurer's Log items
- Dyeable equipment