|Release||3 July 2013 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||300,000 coins|
|Low alch||200,000 coins|
|A powerful magical weapon from the depths - held in the off-hand.|
|Exchange||562,147,993 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The seismic singularity is an off-hand magic weapon dropped by Vorago that requires level 90 Magic to use.
The singularity will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (but loses 2 charges per hit, so has a minimum duration of 5 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 1,500,000 coins. Despite the warning message it gives when equipping it, after repairing, it is fully tradeable again.
When received with CoinShare active, the seismic singularity will be dropped as 120 seismic singularity shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
The singularity can be combined with perfect chitin to create a kalphite rebounder.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Products[edit | edit source]
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
This item costs at most 1,500,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 375,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
Non-player characters[edit source]
These methods cost more as they do not consider player's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob—the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant—the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan—the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire—in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Improved methods[edit source]
These methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts):
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability of a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|1500000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||1,500,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||1,500,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||90,000|
|High rate[uc 3]||180,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||300,000|
Dyed[edit | edit source]
The Seismic singularity can be recoloured with certain dyes for purely cosmetic purposes. A warning message is given when attempting to dye a plain Seismic singularity.
Once the dye is applied, the Seismic singularity becomes permanently untradeable.
|Item||Seismic singularity (Barrows)||Seismic singularity (shadow)||Seismic singularity (Third Age)||Seismic singularity (blood)||Seismic singularity (ice)||Seismic singularity (Aurora)|
Comparison with other magical weapons[edit | edit source]
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Magic off-hand weapons|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|5 × Rumbling components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- A sheathed seismic singularity no longer detaches from the player model when performing various animations.
- patch 17 December 2013 (Update):
- The seismic singularity is now overridden by other off-hand orb cosmetic overrides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is taken from singularities in physics. The centre of a black hole is an example of a singularity.
- When harvesting memories in Divination with sheathed weapons, the Seismic singularity will float in front of the player.
- The Seismic singularity's image in the Grand Exchange collection box is animated.
- Just like the seismic wand, the seismic singularity does not have a broken inventory sprite.
- Before the release of the Imperium core, the seismic singularity was the strongest off-hand magic weapon outside of Daemonheim.
Off-hand magic weapons
|Recoloured mages' book|
|Dyed seismic singularity|
|Dyed imperium core|
- Grand Exchange items
- Members' items
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are reclaimable on death
- Untradeable items
- Tradeable items
- Non-GE items
- Tier 90 equipment
- Off-hand slot weapons
- Degrading equipment
- Magic weapons
- Items dropped by monster
- Items that disassemble into Delicate parts
- Items that disassemble into Magic parts
- Items that disassemble into Smooth parts
- Items that disassemble into Enhancing components
- Items that disassemble into Ethereal components
- Items that disassemble into Faceted components
- Items that disassemble into Rumbling components
- Disassemble category/orb
- Items that can disassemble into special materials
- Items that cannot disassemble into Junk
- Augmentable items
- Announced items
- Adventurer's Log items
- Dyeable equipment