|Release||18 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||16 coins (info)|
|Slightly damp seaweed.|
|FAQ • doc|
Seaweed is a key ingredient in making molten glass, although it must first be cooked into soda ash if the player is not using the Lunar spell Superglass Make. Using seaweed on a range or fire yields soda ash, giving 1 Cooking experience per seaweed cooked. If a dwarven army axe is either wielded or in the player's inventory, cooking seaweed instead yields 4 total experience points each. A pestle and mortar can be used on seaweed to create ground seaweed, which is only used for making fish food, and awards the player with 1 Cooking experience.
Obtaining seaweed[edit | edit source]
For free[edit | edit source]
Seaweed can be found in several places, along shorelines and sometimes rivers. Some locations are:
- Karamja. The western and eastern shores of the central part of the island have seaweed, as does the northern shore of east Karamja (south of Musa Point). The north bank of the river flowing through Shilo Village has 3 seaweed.
- Entrana. 20 total: 9 east of the chicken pen, 6 north of the Law Altar, and 5 south-west of the sand pit and farming patch (Weapons and armour cannot be taken to Entrana.)
- Northern Fremennik Province, in the Rock Crab area north-west of the entrance to Keldagrim. This area has 9 seaweed spawns and is recommended. With a full inventory of seaweed nets, one can make a rather large profit. Players can use the cave to go to Keldagrim and bank there, or access the bank at Zanaris using Fairy ring DKS. (Players must complete at least part of the quest A Fairy Tale Part II to have full access to the fairy rings.) Players can use the Rellekka lodestone to teleport fairly close.
- North-eastern corner in Piscatoris Fishing Colony. There are two nets with seaweed.
- Seaweed can be harvested every 24 hours from an Aquarium in your Player-owned house.
- Seaweed can also be collected over time using a granite crab familiar.
By fishing[edit | edit source]
Players may acquire seaweed by catching it in a big net while fishing at a net fishing spot. This will also give 1 experience.
Ten seaweed can be stored in a Seaweed net.
Making Money Using Seaweed[edit | edit source]
Seaweed can be used to make money, although this is less common as of 2015 due to the fall in price over the last few years. Examples would include:
- Buying 80 Seaweed a day at Catherby from Arhein for 2gp each and selling them in the G.E. for a total profit of 1,120. This will usually sell quickly on the Grand Exchange.
- Buying Seaweed from the Grand Exchange, cooking it into soda ash and selling it yields a profit of -11 coins each.
- Catching Seaweed using a Big fishing net in certain fishing spots around RuneScape that are close to a bank, such as Catherby.
- After completing Deadliest Catch, Fisherman Jones will reward you with several deposit chests; one of which is located south of the Karamja lodestone. If walking isn't an issue this chest can be used to collect seaweed for an indefinite period of time.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Trader Stan's Trading Post||Ports with charter ships||2||Coins||0|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Aquanite (elite)||104||6 (noted)||Common|
|Baby impling jar||N/A||1||Rare|
|Dagannoth (Lighthouse)||77; 78||10 (noted)||Common|
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island, ranged)||78; 79||4–10||Common|
|Giant lobster||40; 70||1||Uncommon|
|Ice troll female||68||4–10 (noted)||Common|
|Ice troll grunt||68||3–7 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ice troll male||68||10 (noted)||Common|
|Ice troll runt||53||4–10 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Icefiend (Ghorrock)||107||6 (noted)||Common|
|Rock Crab||71||1–5 (noted)||Common|
|Sea Snake Hatchling||63||4; 5||Uncommon|
|Sea Snake Young||63||5||Uncommon|
|Waterfiend||102; 107||6 (noted)||18/128|
|Waterfiend (elite)||111||6 (noted)||Common|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|