Searing ashes are the 100% drop from lava strykewyrms and their boss variant. They grant 200 Prayer experience when scattered, 700 prayer experience when used on a gilded altar with both incense burners lit, and 800 prayer experience when used at the Ectofuntus. They can also be used to fill infernal urns.
Searing ashes give the most prayer experience out of all commonly obtained bones and ashes, providing 10 more experience than reinforced dragon bones and slightly more than twice that of tortured ashes.
Searing ashes are the secondary ingredient needed to create aggression potions, requiring 82 Herblore.
- ^ This table assumes that two burners are lit while using the gilded altar, and excludes the cost of clean marrentill.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 2 March 2015 (Update):
- Searing ashes now grant 200xp when scattered.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- These ashes now have the correct custom cursor.
- Prior to release, these ashes were at times referred to as "Corrupt ashes" and "Smouldering ashes".
- Upon release, the ashes gave 140 prayer experience when scattered, to be on par with other ashes and bones. Due to player complaints, this was changed to 200 prayer experience. However, they are still not recommended for prayer training due to their high cost driven by aggression potions.