Sculpting chisel (Zamorak) is obtainable from Copernicus Glyph after building the same statue in the same location in the God Statues Distraction and Diversion for a total of four months at any time. When wielding the chisel, it gives you a construction boost of +1 as well as a 1% boost on any construction experience gained which stacks additively with the construction outfit and multiplicatively with bonus experience.
There are five different chisels - one for each god: Bandos, Guthix, Saradomin, Zamorak, and Seren. The difference between the chisels is in appearance only. With the exception of the use of D&D Monthly Tokens and/or God Statues Tokens, the chisels take at least 4 months to obtain.
Unlike the crystal saw, which only applies its boost when building items requiring a saw, the sculpting chisel will give its boost for all items. For example, at 94 construction, a crystal saw will not allow one to build a steel dragon, but a sculpting chisel will. The chisel cannot stack with the crystal saw made from a tool seed, as both cannot be equipped at once.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 19 November 2018 (Update):
- Players will now receive the 'Reverent Sculptor' achievement when talking to Copernicus Glyph with all five God chisels in their inventory.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- The god statue chisels have had their icons centred.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The Sandstorm walk override will now work correctly when wielding a god chisel.
- update 3 January 2013 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Build any one statue four months in a row (in any location) and you'll earn a wieldable chisel, in the colour of the statue's related god. When wielded, this handy tool can be used to boost your Construction level by 1 - great for making some headway in your player-owned house!
- You cannot attack while wielding the chisel. However, when looking at the combat stats through the Gear interface loadout, the chisel is said to have a Crushing style of attack.
- When trying to bring a sculpting chisel (of any type) in the Soul Wars team area, you will get the message: You cannot take god chisels into the arena.
- It is possible to own 1 of each type of chisel. Asking Copernicus to claim one after you have all 5 chisels, will cause him to tell you to check your bank and inventory for one.
- When building god statues, the player would be working with a Saradomin chisel, regardless of location, even though they don't own one. Copernicus himself uses a grey chisel.