Sculpting chisels are experience-boosting two-handed items (include both chisel and hammer in one item) obtainable from Copernicus Glyph after building the same statue in the same location in the God Statues Distraction and Diversion for a total of four months at any time. There are five different chisels each unlocked individually dependent on the specific statue built:
|Sculpting chisel (Bandos)||General Graardor|
|Sculpting chisel (Guthix)||Juna|
|Sculpting chisel (Saradomin)||Zilyana|
|Sculpting chisel (Zamorak)||K'ril Tsutsaroth|
|Sculpting chisel (Seren)||Queen Glarial|
The difference between the chisels is in appearance only. When wielding any chisel, they give you a construction boost of +1 as well as a 1% bonus on any construction experience gained which stacks additively with the construction outfit and multiplicatively with bonus experience. With the release of Invention and the Wise perk, it can be preferable to wield an augmented item instead for higher experience gain (up to 4% with Wise 4).
Unlike the crystal saw, which only applies its boost when building items requiring a saw, the sculpting chisel will give its boost for all items. For example, at level 94 construction, a crystal saw will not allow one to build a steel dragon, but a sculpting chisel will. The chisel cannot stack with the crystal saw made from a tool seed, as both cannot be equipped at once.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 November 2018 (Update):
- Players will now receive the 'Reverent Sculptor' achievement when talking to Copernicus Glyph with all five God chisels in their inventory.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The Sandstorm walk override will now work correctly when wielding a god chisel.
- update 3 January 2013 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Build any one statue four months in a row (in any location) and you'll earn a wieldable chisel, in the colour of the statue's related god. When wielded, this handy tool can be used to boost your Construction level by 1 - great for making some headway in your player-owned house!
- Added to game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You cannot attack while wielding the chisel. However, when looking at the combat stats through the Gear interface loadout, the chisel is said to have a Crushing style of attack.
- When trying to bring a sculpting chisel (of any type) in the Soul Wars team area, you will get the message: You cannot take god chisels into the arena.
- It is possible to own 1 of each type of chisel. Asking Copernicus to claim one after you have all 5 chisels, will cause him to tell you to check your bank and inventory for one.