|Build name||Scrying pool|
|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||It harnesses the power of something or other!|
|doc • Talk page|
A scrying pool can be built as the centrepiece of the Portal Chamber in a player-owned house. It requires 80 Construction and four marble blocks, and earns the player 2000 experience. It is the last centrepiece able to be built in the Portal Chamber, the first being the Teleport focus and the second being the Greater teleport focus. Like the teleport focus, it can still be used to direct portals to teleportation locations. The scrying pool can be used to see the areas where players portals would take them. Moving the camera angle is possible in this mode.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 3 May 2016 (Update):
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- Scrying pools in houses in Otot and Prifddinas can now attempt to view the entrance portal.
- ninja 24 February 2014 (Update):
- The main option on scrying pools has been changed to 'Scry' instead of 'Direct-portal'.
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- After the Ardougne Achievement Diary, your POH scrying pool will show the correct location.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Players looking into Canifis with another player's Scrying pool are able to unlock the village music. This used to be a method to unlock the music track without needing to complete Priest in Peril, but after the quest requirement was removed from accessing Morytania, this method doesn't give any advantages anymore.
- Players looking into Ardougne with a Scrying pool are able to unlock Baroque II.
- If the player's house is in Prifddinas, using the Scrying pool to view the entrance portal will instead show the forest just south of Prifddinas, alongside the message "The power of the Voice of Seren diverts your scrying attempt to a nearby forest."