Scrimshaw of cruelty
For other variants of this item, see superior.
|Scrimshaw of cruelty|
|Release||11 December 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Ranged attacks deal increased damage. Lasts 3 hours.|
|Exchange||5,976,050 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The scrimshaw can be activated on and off for a total of 3 hours after which it degrades to dust.
When equipped and activated, it adds +5% damage to all Ranged attacks.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|4,000 XP||-||3 (1.8s)||5,976,050|
|Must be performed at the Scrimshaw Crafter|
|Must have unlocked the relevant eastern scroll|
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 29 March 2016 (Update):
- Reclaiming a fully charged non-superior scrimshaw from a gravestone will no longer cause it to vanish.
- ninja 10 March 2014 (Update):
- Scrimshaws of cruelty now deal increased Ranged damage instead of applying a bleed, similar to the Magic based scrimshaw of the elements.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The scrimshaw deactivate timer option can now be used 10 seconds after activation, down from 30 seconds.
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- A new activation animation has been added for scrimshaws.
- Players can now combine semi-used scrimshaws.
- hotfix 4 June 2013 (Update):
- Legio NPCs in the Ascension Dungeon now work with the Cruelty scrimshaw correctly.
- patch 16 April 2013 (Update):
- An issue with the scrimshaw of cruelty’s poison effect persisting after the conclusion of certain PvP minigames has been fixed.
- patch 21 January 2013 (Update):
- The scrimshaw of cruelty poison no longer affects players after they have died.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On 20 January 2013, players discovered a bug with the scrimshaw where the poison effect would persist even after death in certain minigames. Mass casualties ensued, as some unfortunate players were trapped in death loops until a fix could be deployed.
- Another bug with the scrimshaw was fixed on 9 April 2013, in which a player poisoned by it would be permanently poisoned until they cure themselves or die.
- The Queen Black Dragon did not get damaged by the 'poison splats' at all if this item was equipped while fighting her. This was not a bug, as she is immune to the effects of poison (this also applies to any monster with poison immunity). However, it was still able to cause bleeding.