Scrimshaw of corruption
|Scrimshaw of corruption|
|Release||30 September 2015 (Update)|
|Stackable||Yes (If unused)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A scrimshaw twisted with corrupt power, when worn these compel most enemies to become aggressive towards you and you will receive no drops but will receive more Combat and Slayer XP. Lasts 1 hour.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The scrimshaw of corruption is a pocket slot item. It is obtained in inactive form from the loot chests awarded upon killing the Giant Mimic, or from the Motherlode Maw, by combining a scrimshaw of aggression and a scrimshaw of sacrifice.
While active, this item will combine the effects of both the scrimshaw of aggression and the scrimshaw of sacrifice: It will cause one random monster around the player to become aggressive (when not already in combat) and will give 50% extra combat experience when killing monsters, in addition to 50% extra Slayer experience when killing monsters on a slayer assignment. In exchange for this bonus, no drops are received, with the exception of secondary drops such as charms, Spirit gems and ferocious rings.
The experience from this scrimshaw is not directly affected by bonus experience; however, bonus experience will be earned in addition to the bonus experience from the scrimshaw.
Each scrimshaw of corruption will last for one hour of activation before crumbling to dust. The scrimshaw can be upgraded to a superior version that lasts for 4 hours using 10 ancient bones at the Scrimshaw Crafter, once the ability to do so is purchased from the Elite Dungeon Reward Shop for 250,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
Like all scrimshaw, partially used scrimshaw of sacrifice can be combined to sum the time remaining (to a maximum of 1 hour per scrimshaw).
The item was originally obtainable for a limited time from Treasure Hunter during the corrupted chests promotion. It was later made available again from 18 February 2016 to 22 February 2016 during 'The Mimic Rises' Treasure Hunter promotion, as a potential reward from large and huge loot crates. It was then available a third time from 17 November 2016 to 21 November during 'The Revenge of the Giant Mimic' promotion. On 4 September 2017, the scrimshaw was also made obtainable from the Motherlode Maw, and availability was further extended as a reward from Giant Mimic when the boss returned permanently on 5 February 2018.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Style||? (edit)||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Huge loot chest||Elite||1||Rare||N/A|
|Huge loot chest||Elite||1||Uncommon||N/A|
|Large loot chest||Hard||1||Uncommon||N/A|
|Large loot chest||Hard||1||Unknown||N/A|
|Treasure chest (player-owned port)||N/A||1||Uncommon||N/A|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 3 August 2020 (Update):
- Scrimshaw of Corruption no longer loses all its charge if it's activated or removed from the pocket slot with exactly 19 minutes of charge remaining.
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where aggression/corruption scrimshaws could be rapidly activated/deactivated on the action bar to force the aggro of multiple NPCs.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- Players can now combine used variants of the Scrimshaw of Corruption, Aggression and Sacrifice.
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
- patch 29 March 2016 (Update):
- Reclaiming a fully charged non-superior scrimshaw from a gravestone will no longer cause it to vanish.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Charm drops are unaffected by the scrimshaw.
- Drops from the Looting perk are unaffected by the scrimshaw.
- While using the scrimshaw fighting nechryael, any associated death spawn will continue to drop accursed ashes.