Scrimshaw of aggression
|Scrimshaw of aggression|
|Release||30 September 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A scrimshaw twisted with corrupt power, when worn these compel most enemies to become aggressive towards you. Lasts 1 hour.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
While active, a random monster around the player will become aggressive and attack. Only one monster will be aggressive at a time through the effect of this scrimshaw and it will only activate while not currently under attack. As such, while it can offer a low-intensity method of staying in combat for extended periods of time, it is not recommended for those choosing to use multi-target or area of effect weapons to kill masses of enemies.
Each scrimshaw of aggression will last for one hour of activation before crumbling to dust. The scrimshaw can be upgraded to a superior version that lasts for 4 hours using 10 ancient bones at the Scrimshaw Crafter, once the ability to do so is purchased from the Elite Dungeon Reward Shop for 250,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
Like all scrimshaw, partially used scrimshaw of aggression can be combined to sum the time remaining (to a maximum of 1 hour per scrimshaw).
The item was originally obtainable for a limited time from Treasure Hunter during the corrupted chests promotion. It was later made available again from 18 February 2016 to 22 February 2016 during 'The Mimic Rises' Treasure Hunter promotion, as a potential reward from large and huge loot crates. It was then available a third time from 17 November 2016 to 21 November during 'The Revenge of the Giant Mimic' promotion. On 4 September 2017, the scrimshaw was also made obtainable from the Motherlode Maw, and availability was further extended as a reward from Giant Mimic when the boss returned permanently on 5 February 2018.
The scrimshaw of aggression does not work against rune dragons.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Style||? (edit)||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where aggression/corruption scrimshaws could be rapidly activated/deactivated on the action bar to force the aggro of multiple NPCs.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with Scrimshaw of aggression where it was dropping more coins than intended.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- Players can now combine used variants of the Scrimshaw of Corruption, Aggression and Sacrifice.
- patch 29 March 2016 (Update):
- Reclaiming a fully charged non-superior scrimshaw from a gravestone will no longer cause it to vanish.