Scorpions are fairly weak monsters that can be found at many locations across Gielinor, namely the Al Kharid Mine north of Al Kharid, Musa Point, the Dwarven Mine, and near the Black Knights' Fortress and the Scorpion Pit located in the Wilderness. They attack primarily with ranged and are weak to crush. The deadliest scorpions free players will face are the scorpions in the Stronghold of Security (level 25 and 26). They are also found caged in the Ardougne Zoo. Level 25 scorpions also look slightly different in colour than the other scorpions.
Lower-levelled players should be advised when near scorpions as they can be aggressive. Due to their lack of drops and relatively low combat XP, they are not recommended for long-term training.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 6,004 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 22 July 2014 (Update):
- More bats and scorpions have been graphically updated across the game.
- patch 12 May 2014 (Update):
- Scorpions have been graphically updated across the game.
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- Grotworms, moss giants, banshees, jungle spiders, shadow spiders, spiders, giant spiders, deadly red spiders, ice spiders, scorpions, poison scorpions and pit scorpion will no longer hit for 1 hit point worth of damage.
- In Postbag from the Hedge 40, Nurmof says that the reason scorpions are at nearly every mining spot in RuneScape is that they enjoy eating Scorpionite, much like how Dragons enjoy eating runite.
- In the early days of RuneScape 2, scorpions had the same sound set as rats.
- It is one of the only non-quest monsters that do not drop any items on free-to-play servers.