Strategies for Scavenging
Players may use the Scavenging perk to obtain a large number of rare and uncommon materials. Players must maximize their kills per hour in order to obtain the highest number of rare materials per hour. Ranged and magic are recommended as players can use more area-of-effect abilities compared to melee. It also provides much higher kills per hour.
Steps[edit | edit source]
The steps for this method are:
- Buy or obtain a tier 70 armour piece such as Robes of subjugation or Armadyl equipment, as it has the lowest charge drain compared to tier 80 or tier 90 armour.
- Augment one of the armour pieces.
- Unlock ancient invention and create an ancient gizmo with Scavenging 3 or Scavenging 4 (4 is rare but much better).
- Add the Scavenging gizmo to the armour piece (optionally add an Enhanced Efficient perk to save on charge drain costs).
- Equip the augmented armour piece and a tier 70 or better weapon.
- Head to the Lumbridge catacombs and kill corpse spiders, as they have the fastest kills per hour.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Tips to improve kills per hour:
- Use aggression potions to attract more enemies
- Use Corruption shot or corruption blast
- Use an action bar that prioritizes area-of-effect abilities (see below)
- Add the Caroming perk on your weapon
- Use the Smoke devil familiar along with Dust Cloud scrolls
Action bars[edit | edit source]
These action bars prioritize area-of-effect abilities and thus improve kills per hour.