Scarab swarms are low levelled bug swarms that can poison, starting at 38 life points. Although their maximum hit is relatively low, they attack extremely fast (once every game tick, or 0.6 seconds) and the higher level version almost always causes damage, making them dangerous for lower levelled players. Because of the attack speed, the poison rate would be faster.
During Contact!, three swarms appear from the ground and unite to become a giant scarab. After it has been defeated, they split again and disappear.
They occasionally spawn when opening the golden chest in Pyramid Plunder; the frequency is reduced when the hard Desert Tasks have been completed.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 13 May 2010 (Update):
- Scarab swarms in Pyramid Plunder have had their stats reduced to bring them back into line with how they were originally.
- patch 1 February 2010 (Update):
- Small scarabs have been given a death animation again.
- patch 8 April 2019 (Update):
- Scarab Swarms can no longer spawn outside the Pyramid.