|Saradomin brew (1)|
|Release||24 October 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||75 coins|
|Low alch||50 coins|
|Exchange||1,866 coins (info)|
|1 dose of Saradomin brew.|
|FAQ • doc|
Saradomin brew is made by mixing clean toadflax and then a crushed nest in a vial of water, giving 180 Herblore experience. It requires level 81 Herblore. It is slightly lighter in colour than a strength potion. It can also be upgraded to a Super Saradomin brew at level 93 by adding a Wine of Saradomin.
Effect[edit | edit source]
Each sip of Saradomin brew increases life points by 1000 and increases Defence by 1-4 levels (4% + 1). However, it also drains Strength, Attack, Magic, and Ranged levels by the same amount. Unlike any regular food, Saradomin brew does not drain the user's adrenaline.
This potion is one of few ways to raise life points above the normal maximum. It can heal up to 1000 life points above maximum (both the healing and max life point boost are unaffected by Constitution and is the same regardless of level). The boosting effect will not stack with rocktail and other similar food items, but it will stack with the warmth of a bonfire.
Price per dose[edit | edit source]
|Item||GE price||Price per dose|
|Saradomin brew (1)||1,866||1,866|
|Saradomin brew (2)||3,816||1,908|
|Saradomin brew (3)||5,850||1,950|
|Saradomin brew (4)||7,739||1,935|
|Saradomin brew flask (6)||18,811||3,135|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Toadflax potion (unf)||1||7,182||7,182|
Use[edit | edit source]
It is universally advised to only use this potion in combination with restore, super restore, or overload potions in order to counteract the draining of the player's Attack, Strength, Magic and Ranged stats. Without using restore potions, the Saradomin brew will reduce a player's levels to under level 10 within 10-20 doses, depending on the player's stats. As this effectively defeats the point of using it by quickly rendering players nearly incapable of doing damage, it is generally avoided. The brews are very effective while under the effects of overloads as they renew the player's stats every 15 seconds, constantly counteracting the brew's negative effects.
The brew has one of the best amounts of healing per inventory spot. The only better methods are stackable items like the Unicorn Stallion's healing aura scroll, titan's constitution scroll, and a stack of purple sweets and holy biscuits. Brews are commonly used in places where an inventory of conventional, one-click foods does not suffice.
Saradomin brews can be clicked on immediately after consuming a piece of food, which results in 1000 life points combined with the food's healing in one tick.
Like all potions, Saradomin brews can be consumed while stunned.
The Saradomin brew may not be consumed in Clan Wars or when dueling if food has been disabled.
Flask[edit | edit source]
Production costs[edit | edit source]
|Clean toadflax||Crushed nest||Vial of water||8,265||-2,415||-13.34|
|Grimy toadflax||Crushed nest||Vial of water||7,973||-2,123||-11.23|
|N/A||Crushed nest||Toadflax potion (unf)||8,449||-2,599||-14.44|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Saradomin brew (1)[edit | edit source]
- No drop sources found. To force an update, click .
Saradomin brew (2)[edit | edit source]
|Chaos Elemental P2P||5–6||Uncommon||N/A|
|Queen Black Dragon||900||4–10||Common|
Saradomin brew (3)[edit | edit source]
|Nex: Angel of Death||7000||6–16 (noted)||1/14|
Saradomin brew (4)[edit | edit source]
|Nex||1001||10; 30||Common[dr 1]|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Potions and flasks|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.0%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When it is ingested the chatbox message says, "You drink some of the foul liquid", unlike other potions message - "You drink some of your (potion's name). You have (1-3) doses left/You have finished your potion."
- If you drink a Saradomin brew and enter the Wilderness, you will see in the chatbox "Your extreme potion bonus has been reduced.", and your defence bonus from the Saradomin brew will be reduced to the bonus of a super defence potion.
- It is the only tradeable potion that cannot be modified with caviar.
- Its price plummeted after the release of EoC, mainly due to the amount of times needed to click to heal a large amount of life points. Prior to EoC, a brew would heal a player with 99 Constitution about three times as much as a shark would. After EoC, however, a brew heals only 25% more life points than a shark and will only heal 500 life points per dose, while sharks can heal 1600 life points in one click. Their defence boost is also much weaker after the EoC.
- With the release of Legacy Mode, Saradomin brews now heal 1000 LP per dose, twice what they healed post-EoC. This buff, combined with the players' LP system reverting to the 990/9900 system and the removal of Constitution level-based food healing, has once again made Saradomin brews one of the highest healing items in the game per inventory space. A 4 dose vial will heal 4000 LP total, while a flask can heal a maximum of 6000; by comparison, sharks and rocktails will heal 2000 and 2300 respectively.
Update history[edit | edit source]
God wines and potions