A sapling is a tree seedling that has grown sufficiently to be planted in a Tree Patch. Like seedlings, saplings cannot be traded and players must have the appropriate Farming level to plant the sapling in a Tree Patch, which can be aided by temporary boosts but not the assist system. Players may apply compost or supercompost to a Tree Patch before planting the sapling.
Seedlings that grow into saplings whilst in storage in the bank will move to tab 1, unless that specific type of sapling is already present elsewhere. There is an option for the player to attempt to remove the seed from the plant pot. While this is not guaranteed, if a player has 99 farming and/or will never farm again, it is advised to do this with higher value tree seeds.
You have a chance of getting your seed back from the sapling by right-clicking it and selecting "Salvage seed". The chance of getting the seed back is approximately 75% with 99 Farming, though it is unknown if Farming level affects the odds.
Despite being untradeable and not actually farming produce, Tool Leprechauns will note saplings. Players should be careful when planting saplings as otherwise they will have to visit a bank to unnote them.
In order to plant a tree in a farming patch, a sapling must be prepared.
- Use a tree seed on a plant pot filled with soil.
- Use a watering can on the unwatered seedling.
- Wait for the seedling to grow into a sapling.
- Use the sapling with the tree patch to start growing a tree.
- If protecting the tree, pay the farmer. If not protecting, it is recommended to use supercompost and/or greenfingers aura.
- After the tree has grown you may cut it down for logs, and/or clear the patch to grow another tree.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 26 August 2014 (Update):
- Players are now able to retrieve seeds from multiple plants pots containing saplings of the same variety.