|Release||29 June 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Before adding to bookshelf:
If you destroy this journal, you will only be able to get another by fighting Adamant Dragons in the Dragonkin Lair.
After adding:If you destroy this journal, you will only be able to get another by checking your bookcase.
|On death||Always kept|
|A journal belonging to Sakirth of the Necrosytes.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Sakirth's journal is a journal written by Sakirth the Dragonkin, rarely dropped by the adamant dragons in the Dragonkin Lair after the Hero's Welcome quest. It details Sakirth's thoughts on the death of V, and his newfound authority after having killed two False Users. Obtaining and reading this journal is a requirement for the master quest cape.
Having a Lorehound summoned with the Lore Helper perk increases the drop rate.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Adamant dragon||116||1||Rare[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
My newfound control over my mind is a revelation almost as great as that which allowed me to discern the Link. With the deaths of more of the False Users, the curse has diminished to such a degree as I can resume my journals. The fact that the previous volumes have become as dust in the meantime shows how long I have been beset by agony.
Even as my control over myself grows, the foolish Dactyl subject tries to exert control over our group. What nonsense! I have slain the most False Users here. I should be in command. Even Strisath's compliance with my commands shows this. A confrontation is brewing.
Kalibath is the unknown quality to me; I have seen him only once before and that was centuries ago. Can I trust him to back me when the time comes? I am unsure. I have seen him sneaking around this hovel. I know he has captured one of the humans for some reason. Amusement? Food? I know not. He also seems fixated on the idea of attacking Saradomin next, which seems like folly to me. That False User is powerful, and we will need more items from the Vault to drain one such as he.On the positive side, having seen how the Dactyl has swollen with power excites me greatly. To imagine myself bursting with such energy makes me salivate at the possibilities. The people of this and the other worlds would be nothing before us, and the False Users less than chaff in the wind.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 27 March 2017 (Update):
- Loot beams for the lore book drops that were recently granted bad luck mitigation have been updated, in order that they clear more reliably (and generally behave like other loot beams).
- patch 6 March 2017 (Update):
- We have added bad luck mitigation to some lore drops so that cumulative monster kills shift the drop rate towards 100% once a certain threshold has been reached. This affects drops which have a drop rate of 1/100 (or worse). The affected drops from Adamant dragons are the Dragonkin journals but not Forcae's journal.
- ninja 15 February 2016 (Update):
- The loot beam value has been changed from 50,000 to 50,001 coins for Sakirth's journal.