||11 December 2013 (Update)
||30 seconds (50 ticks)
|Offer a sacrifice, leaving the target forsaken.
- 20%-100% ability damage.
- Damage ignores the target's protection prayers.
- Heal 25% of the damage you deal.
- Heal 100% of the damage you deal if the target dies.
|Infobox • Talk page
Sacrifice is a basic Constitution ability, that may be unlocked from the Anima Islands minigame, or by killing certain bosses and monsters in the God Wars Dungeon.
When Sacrifice is used, the player deals 20-100% weapon damage to their target regardless of protection prayers, and is healed by 25% of the damage dealt, or 100% if the ability kills the target.
If the Swift gloves' extra shot passive effect activates while using Sacrifice, both hits will heal the player.
This ability can be obtained by any of the following methods:
These abilities are individual drops; however, it is possible to receive multiple abilities in a single kill. When received, it is automatically learned; it does not drop as an item. When learned, the message You have unlocked the Sacrifice ability! appears in the chatbox.
Historically, it was first obtainable by participating in the second world event, at a cost of 21,000 renown and a gold event token.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Monsters that use Sacrifice[edit | edit source]
- While training combat, it may be helpful to save Sacrifice until you are nearly certain that it will kill your target. However, mistiming Sacrifice may result in less-than-expected healing.
- Berserk and similar effects can increase the damage of Sacrifice. In general, when Sacrifice's damage is increased, its healing is increased as well.
- Certain monsters like Death spawns have low Life points that make Sacrifice heal more because the ability could one-hit kill them.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- Sacrifice now gains adrenaline when used.
- Sacrifice initially always did 100% of the weapon damage. This was changed on 17 December 2013. The ability now deals damage up to 100%.
- When released, the ability did not work with magic weapons. This was fixed on 17 December 2013. It can also be used without a weapon.
- When released, it initially did not generate any adrenaline.
- The ability only bypasses protection prayers from other players. It will not hit through the prayers of monsters such as Elite black knights.
- During the third world event, Tuska Comes, this ability was available for 3,500 Reward Currency.
- In PvP Sacrifice will always heal you for 25% of the damage dealt, and when the target dies it will heal you for 100% of the damage dealt on top of that. Essentially healing you 125% of the damage dealt in total. It is unknown if this is a bug or not.
- Sacrifice is speculated to provide increased healing if the enemy reaches 0 health by the attack, but not necessarily killing it. If Sacrifice is used to bring Yakamaru's health to 0 at a pool (even if this isn't the final pool), or if Sacrifice is used to bring Araxxor's health to 0 (even if the Araxyte spiders immediately heal him for 5,000 health), Sacrifice will still heal for 100% of damage dealt.