||30 March 2020 (Update)
|Whenever you defeat an enemy you gain a 0.5% damage boost per rank for 20 seconds. This can stack up to 5 times. (Does not work in PvP areas.)
|Infobox • Talk page
Ruthless is an Ancient Invention perk that increases damage output by 0.5% per rank for 20 seconds whenever an enemy is killed. A maximum of 5 stacks can be obtained. Killing an enemy will refresh the timer. Bleed abilities are unaffected by this perk. It can be created in ancient weapon gizmos with timeworn components.
The highest rank of Ruthless equipped determines the damage increase. This means that the player can have an active buff from killing an enemy with any rank of Ruthless, switch to a weapon of lower/higher rank, and the damage increase will change. For example, if the player kills something with Ruthless 1 and then switches to weapons that do not have Ruthless, the damage increase will be 0% per stack and remain on the bar; conversely, if the player switches to something that has Ruthless 3, the damage increase will be 1.5% per stack and remain on the bar. During all of this, the timer counts down from 20s unless refreshed by killing another enemy with any rank of Ruthless.
Only one player can gain a stack of Ruthless per target:
- if the target is taggable, the stack goes to the player that tagged it
- if the target is untaggable (e.g. bosses), the stack goes to the player that did the most damage
Players killed in PvP do not grant stacks. However, NPCs killed in the wilderness do grant stacks, despite the perk's description.
||Damage increase (X stacks)
|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 August 2021 (Update):
- Skeletons spawned during the Taraket boss fight will now trigger the Ruthless perk if killed by a player.
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the Ruthless perk was remaining on the Buff Bar after being cleared.
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- The 'Ruthless' Invention perk now appears with the correct icon on the Buff Bar.