|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|Equipped||Activate, Boost, Emote|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by master runecrafters.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Runecrafting cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Runecrafting skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Runecrafting hood from Larriar at the Runecrafting Guild by players who have achieved level 99 Runecrafting. Runecrafting capes are white in colour, and have a yellow trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill.
Before the introduction of the Runespan, the Runecrafting cape was one of the most difficult capes to obtain because training Runecrafting required large amounts of time, effort and dedication to level. The cape is currently the 6th rarest skillcape in the game.
The runecrafting hood can be attached to the cape by using one on the other, creating a hooded runecrafting cape. It can be detached with a right-click option.
Talking to Larriar gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Runecrafting cape's perk reveals the third random rune slot for the Rune Goldberg Machine when activated.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Runecrafting skillcape (shop)||Runecrafting Guild||99,000||Coins||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 January 2012 (Update):
- Players no longer clip through their cape when performing this cape's emote.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- The Runecrafting level-up message now states to go to Larriar for the skillcape.
- patch 4 April 2011 (Update):
- This cape has been moved from Aubury onto Larriar at the Runecrafting Guild in the Wizards’ Tower.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 159,282 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The cape was originally sold by Aubury. On 4 April 2011, the cape transferred to Larriar, making it the third skillcape to change seller, after the Slayer and Strength capes.
- Despite not being one of the four elemental runes, the Nature rune is included in the skillcape's emote while an Earth rune which is an elemental rune appears to be missing.