|Release date||12 August 2008 (Update)|
|Location||Roof of the Wizards' Tower (portal)|
|No. of stores/banks||1|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Runecrafting Guild is a guild that is located in the Runespan realm. As the name suggests, it contains many wizards and runecrafters who wish to continue their studies there, as well as the minigame The Great Orb Project. In addition, Larriar, the master of Runecrafting, is located there, keen to sell her cape to players with level 99 Runecrafting. Level 50 Runecrafting is required to enter, though this can be boosted. The guild is currently run by Wizard Elriss, an established member of the Guild who is researching the Stone of Jas. Apart from managing the Guild, she is also the shop's owner, selling goods in exchange for Runecrafting guild tokens. Elriss is not only the Guild's founder, manager, and store-owner, but also an esteemed magical theorist and researcher.
The Runecrafting Guild is closer to a research centre than a Guild, as wizards work together to create theories on Runecrafting. To wizards, this is probably the best place to research Runecrafting theories, as there are players helping them, special equipment and other wizards to discuss their point of view on a theory.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Runecrafting Guild is located within the Wizards' Tower in southern Misthalin. It may be accessed through the blue portal on the roof of the Wizards' Tower which is located south of Draynor Village.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Teleport using the wicked hood. Then go through the portal into the Runecrafting Guild.
- Skills necklace will take the player straight there.
- Members with level 50 Runecrafting may teleport to the tower by going through the portal on the top floor of the Wizard's Tower.
- Wizards at every runecrafting altar offer free teleports to the Tower.
- Teleport to the entrance of the Wizard's tower using the Traveller's necklace.
- Members may use fairy ring code DIS to appear behind the Wizards' Tower.
- Teleport to Draynor Village using the Lodestone Network and run south.
- Runecrafting Guild teleport tablets purchased in the Guild offer a quick teleport to the Guild.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Wizard Vief - Yellow orb Wizard involved in The Great Orb Project.
Larriar - Master of Runecrafting.
Runespan[edit | edit source]
On 30 April 2012, the Runespan realm was opened to the public due to Wizard Finix's theories, where players may collect rune essence and siphon runes from esscreatures for the current highest runecrafting experience rates in the game. It can be played at any runecrafting level and may be accessed by selecting "Runespan" in the options when entering the portal to the Runecrafting Guild.
Within the centre of all three levels of the RuneSpan is what appears to be a single massive tower, which is actually the Runecrafting Guild. The tower can easily be spotted with an Orb of Oculus.
The Great Orb Project[edit | edit source]
One of the main features of the Guild is a two-party minigame called The Great Orb Project in which players aim to collect as many of their orbs of their team's colour as possible by moving them towards the altar. At the same time, players must deter the other team's orbs from reaching the altar. The official world for this minigame is 66 (members).
Features[edit | edit source]
Elriss' store[edit | edit source]
Wizard Elriss exchanges rewards for Runecrafting guild tokens obtained through the minigame. For the full list of rewards, see the Great Orb Project article.
The omni-talisman[edit | edit source]
Wizard Elriss can also create an omni-talisman (for members) which enables players to access every altar with one talisman (provided they meet the respective quest and skill level requirements). In order to receive one, players have to show her one of each talisman or tiara (for each Runecrafting altar). She will also award them with Runecrafting experience for each (a total of 13,605 experience). She does not keep the talismans. This item is only available to members.
To craft an omni-talisman into a tiara or Runecrafting staff, members should take it to Wizard Korvak. He can be found wandering around the Runecrafting Guild. If players lose the omni-talisman (including by crafting it into a tiara or staff or feeding it to a wicked hood), they can get a free replacement from Wizard Elriss.
Korvak's pouch repair store[edit | edit source]
Wizard Korvak also sells and repairs Runecrafting pouches for members. For a more detailed look at his fees, see his article.
Runecrafting altar map[edit | edit source]
There is a map in the centre of the Guild, which may be used to locate all of the Runecrafting altars in Gielinor. To locate an altar, players must use a talisman on the map, or click on a talisman in their inventory while the map is open. Using the omni-talisman will reveal all altars on the map (except the Astral altar, which does not require a talisman to access).
The map is also interesting in that it does not show any unexplored, black areas like the world map of Gielinor does. However, the rune altar map may not be as accurate as the world map. The map is almost identical to the one Wizard Sedridor keeps in his chamber in the basement of the tower.
Rune Goldberg Machine[edit | edit source]
The Rune Goldberg Machine can also be found in the Runecrafting Guild. It is a daily Distraction and Diversion that allows players to input runes in exchange for vis wax. Please see the money making guide for instructions on using the machine.
Bank deposit box[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 30 April 2018 (Update):
- The female Runecrafting guild Wizard should now work as expecting when performing her animation.
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- Tutorial Island has been removed from the map in the Runecrafting Guild
- Players can no longer place flags and standards within the Runecrafting Guild.
- ninja 27 May 2014 (Update):
- There is now a quick repair pouch option on Wizard Korvak in the Runecrafting guild.
- patch 21 January 2013 (Update):
- A blocked route to the deposit box in the Runecrafting Guild has been cleared.
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- The Runecrafting Guild map now works correctly when a talisman is used on it.
- update 28 November 2012 (Update):
See also[edit | edit source]