A rune hatchet is a hatchet that is stronger than the adamant hatchet and the volatile clay hatchet. It is mostly used for Woodcutting, but it can be used in combat. It is the strongest hatchet available to free players.
Players must have an Attack level of 50 to wield a rune hatchet as a weapon and a Woodcutting level of 41 to use a rune hatchet to chop down trees.
Rune hatchets are used in level 3 clue scrolls.
This hatchet can be stored on a tool belt.
|240 XP||-||60 (36s) [r 1]||10,969|
| Smithing level||50|
| Must be performed at an anvil|
|Profit||8,532|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 1 April 2009 (Update):
- Renamed from "Rune axe" to "Rune hatchet"
- patch 29 September 2008 (Update):
- The range of items that one can lend to other players has been expanded. These include a small amount of newer Treasure Trail items as well as some old ones, dragon spears and most rune and granite armour and weapons.
- On 1 April 2009, Jagex officially changed the names of all Woodcutting "axes" to "hatchets".
- Prior to the removal of free trade, hatchets would lose their metal head, and you would have to re-attach them to the handle before being able to continue woodcutting. This was considered a random event designed to combat bots.
- Before the release of the dragon hatchet, the rune hatchet could be used to cut down trees at any Woodcutting level, but this was changed to prevent macros from using them immediately after the creation of their account.
- Before the Random event update, if a rune hatchet was broken by an Ent, it could be fixed at Bob's Brilliant Axes in Lumbridge for 427 coins.