|Release||31 July 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||660 coins|
|Low alch||440 coins|
|A rune crossbow.|
|Exchange||11,654 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The rune crossbow is the highest grade of crossbow made out of standard metal and the strongest crossbow available to free players. This weapon requires a Ranged level of 50 to wield.
It is a possible reward from Treasure Trails.
The rune crossbow is faster than the magic shortbow and the Rune 2h crossbow, but does not offer a damage bonus, while the shortbow and 2h crossbow do. To compensate, it can be wielded with a shield for significant defensive bonuses. This allows for players to range while still keeping defensive abilities of shields such as an anti-dragon or dragonfire shield when fighting dragons. Alternatively, it can be combined with an off-hand rune crossbow to dramatically increase one's attacking power and grant access to dual wielded ranged abilities such as Needle Strike.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|50 XP||-||2 (1.2s)||11,654|
|Runite crossbow (u)||1||8,526||8,526|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Crossbow Shop (Keldagrim)||Keldagrim Marketplace||1,101||Coins||1|
|Valaine's Shop of Champions||1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of |
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Crossbows and stocks|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 14 August 2017 (Update):.
- Crossbows and bolts up to and including rune can now be equipped by free players (unless they are locked behind members content).
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- Corrected some labelling issues when wearing a rune plateskirt and a rune crossbow.
- patch 3 March 2009 (Update):
- A stretching issue has been resolved on the rune crossbow and the Zamorak stole.