The rune crossbow is the highest grade of crossbow made out of standard metal and the strongest crossbow available to free players. This weapon requires a Ranged level of 50 to wield.
It is a possible reward from Treasure Trails.
The rune crossbow is faster than the magic shortbow and the Rune 2h crossbow, but does not offer a damage bonus, while the shortbow and 2h crossbow do. To compensate, it can be wielded with a shield for significant defensive bonuses. This allows for players to range while still keeping defensive abilities of shields such as an anti-dragon or dragonfire shield when fighting dragons. Alternatively, it can be combined with an off-hand rune crossbow to dramatically increase one's attacking power and grant access to dual wielded ranged abilities such as Needle Strike.
| Fletching level||69|
|Runite crossbow (u)||1||8,467||8,467|
- No drop sources found. To force an update, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- ninja 14 August 2017 (Update):.
- Crossbows and bolts up to and including rune can now be equipped by free players (unless they are locked behind members content).
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Fixed a label issue with the runite crossbow.