Quick guide for Rune Mysteries
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Ariane at the entrance to the Wizards' Tower|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
The old tower[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Ariane on the bridge outside.
- Ascend the beam twice, and talk to Wizard Traiborn (west of the beam you just ascended). , Archmage Sedridor (southern room). and Wizard Ellaron (north-eastern room).
- Talk to each person until a chat dialogue mentions Ariane (no chat options will be available)
- Descend the beam twice or right-click and select "Bottom floor beam" back to the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Talk to Ariane.
[edit | edit source]
- Ascend the beam twice.
- Talk to Wizard Ellaron.
- Descend the beam twice, to the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Search the eastern most bookcase for The Harmony of the Runes and The Runes of the Spells of Water.
- Read the books (and view both diagrams).
- Play the organ at the southern end of the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Press the organ keys in the following order: 10x B, 7x A#, 1x G#, and 1x G.
- Take the organ key.
Descent[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Ariane, then head east and enter the door on the seashore.
- Talk to Ariane Rune guardian and answer the questions any way. and then the
- Enter the door behind the Rune guardian.
- Climb down the stairs to the gap.
- Climb behind the statue (on the wall above the gap).
- Cross the statue (gap) and climb down the staircase.
- Talk to Ariane.
- Use magic to lure a vortex into Ariane's circle, and keep it there until the circle disappears. You can lure them by attacking them.
- Talk to Ariane again.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Head back to the organ on the main floor of the tower and play notes from the lowest set of keys to trigger several cut scenes.
- Talk to Ariane (east side of the island at the entrance to the lower tower).
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 250 experience lamp
- 250 experience
- Tower mindspike
- First tower hat
- Air talisman
- 70 Mind runes
- Four new titles (speak to the Rune Guardian to retrieve the title):
- If you are a member, you can talk to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum to receive 5 Kudos
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- The Harmony of the Runes (Outside the Wizards' Tower)
- Blue Wizards (Entering the Wizards' Tower)
- Inner Secret (Entering the Ruins)
- Forgotten Orders (Entering the Ruins after completing the quest)
- Bloody Foundation (During the final section of the quest)