Quick guide for Rune Mysteries
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Ariane at the entrance to the Wizards' Tower|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
The old tower[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Ariane on the bridge outside.
- Ascend the beam twice, and talk to Wizard Traiborn (west of the beam you just ascended). , Archmage Sedridor (southern room). and Wizard Ellaron (north-eastern room).
- Talk to each person until a chat dialogue mentions Ariane (no chat options will be available)
- Descend the beam twice or right-click and select "Bottom floor beam" back to the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Talk to Ariane.
[edit | edit source]
- Ascend the beam twice.
- Talk to Wizard Ellaron.
- Descend the beam twice, to the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Search the eastern most bookcase for The Harmony of the Runes and The Runes of the Spells of Water.
- Read the books.
- Play the organ at the southern end of the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Press the organ keys in the following order: 10x B, 7x A#, 1x G#, and 1x G.
- Take the organ key.
Descent[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Ariane, then head east and enter the door on the seashore.
- Talk to Ariane Rune guardian and answer the questions any way. and then the
- Enter the door behind the Rune guardian.
- Climb down the stairs to the gap.
- Climb behind the statue (on the wall above the gap).
- Cross the statue (gap) and climb down the staircase.
- Talk to Ariane.
- Use magic to lure a vortex into Ariane's circle, and keep it there until the circle disappears. You can lure them by attacking them.
- Talk to Ariane again.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Head back to the organ on the main floor of the tower and play notes from the lowest set of keys to trigger several cut scenes.
- Talk to Ariane (east side of the island at the entrance to the lower tower).
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 250 experience lamp
- 250 experience
- Tower mindspike
- First tower hat
- Air talisman
- 70 Mind runes
- Four new titles (speak to the Rune Guardian to retrieve the title):
- If you are a member, you can talk to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum to receive 5 Kudos
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- The Harmony of the Runes (Outside the Wizards' Tower)
- Blue Wizards (Entering the Wizards' Tower)
- Inner Secret (Entering the Ruins)
- Forgotten Orders (Entering the Ruins after completing the quest)
- Bloody Foundation (During the final section of the quest)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Rune Mysteries is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- A Void Dance
- Back to my Roots
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Devious Minds
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Heart of Stone
- Kennith's Concerns
- Kindred Spirits
- King's Ransom
- Koschei's Troubles
- Love Story
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- Nomad's Requiem
- One Foot in the Grave
- One of a Kind
- Quiet Before the Swarm
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Salt in the Wound
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Swan Song
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Slug Menace
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Void Stares Back
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- While Guthix Sleeps