For this item's upgraded variants, see +1
A rune 2h sword is a tier 50 melee two-handed weapon. It requires level 50 Attack to wield.
It can be made at a forge and anvil using 4 rune bars, requiring 2,400 progress to complete, granting a total of 960 Smithing experience. It can be upgraded to a rune 2h sword + 1 with another 4 bars.
Rune 2h sword
|960 XP||-||Varies [r 1]||29,289|
| Smithing level||50|
| Must be performed at an anvil|
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 18 February 2013 (Update):
- The inventory icons for the noted and un-noted Rune 2h swords have been fixed.
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Graphical improvements to rune weapons, previously only available in the Evolution of Combat Beta, are now live in the game.
- 17 September 2009 (Update):
- Animations and model of rune 2h sword have been updated.
- patch 29 September 2008 (Update):
- The range of items that one can lend to other players has been expanded. These include a small amount of newer Treasure Trail items as well as some old ones, dragon spears and most rune and granite armour and weapons.
- When the Rune two-handed sword was put back into the game, this weapon was used by nearly all player killers capable of wielding it, since in RuneScape Classic there were no attack speeds. This also made it by far the most popular weapon for non-members, and nearly all non-members who could afford it wielded one.
- Although it is considered one of the best weapons on RuneScape Classic, and the free-to-play part of the main RuneScape game alike, it is not often used in pay-to-play due to the existence of many other, more powerful weapons.
- Although the weapons themselves existed in the cache on the 4th of January 2001, players would only be allowed to craft it somewhere mid 2001. The actual release date of the weapons would be on the 26th of July, when Runite ore was added to the champions guild. A few months later, Bluerrose13x was the first player to be able to craft the Rune 2h's and battleaxes. On the 27th of February 2002, members was added, but the month before that on the 29th of January 2002 it was announced that the Rune 2h sword and the Rune battleaxe would be kept free-to-play.
- ^ While this item could already be smithed by players since 13 August 2001, no player had the Smithing level to do so until late November 2001.