RuneScape talk:Wikifest/Winter 2008/Santa List
do you think we should add a sidenote on the santa list stating to replace the good boy with their wikia name and on their userpage to have their runescape name? God Of War 17:24, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- Good idea, I will make that change. Then it should link to their page directly. Amaurice talk 17:38, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
why was the good boy replaced with my name lol? God Of War 17:50, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
can we make an announcement on the main page saying we need donators and people who need items? what do you think about my lending idea? God Of War 17:57, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure announcing on the main page is a good idea as it will get lots of vandalism and spammers. However, we could add to the Wikifest Notice template (as well as announcing when the wikifest is), so it will be displayed in relevent user pages. We could also post explicitly on the forums too early next week. Need to give it at least 24 hours for others to give feedback on the discussion first (but no reason for people not so start signing up).
- Really need to decide on what minigame (if any) will be done for F2P (as P2P could just go to house if nothing else voted on). Amaurice talk 20:05, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
for f2p we have clan wars, duel arena or Fist of guthix. I cant decide.... for p2p we need community suggestions but not many people seem to care at the moment. God Of War 22:48, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
For free players I think we should do Clan Wars, OR everyone brings food and emergency teleports and we go on a big pking trip on a PvP World. I don't understand this Santa List though... do we write what we want or what we're donating or both? Do we have to donate something to receive something? Are there assigned donors? ~ Sentry Telos Talk
- Generally, it's better for people to write what they want, but at the moment we don't have anything anyone wants so examples by donators are shown. Also, people do not have to donate to receive. Hopefully, if we get people who actually want something then things will become a bit clearer. Amaurice talk 08:58, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- Given that we seem to have more donators that requesters, I've changed the limit for requesters to not ask for more than their trade limit in items. Of course, santa's can give to multiple players if they have a higher trade limit. Amaurice talk 09:32, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- The santa's would kmow who is requesting when the requester signs up for what they want.
- Currently we have no requesters, not even for lent items.
- In that case, I'll make a new section and I'll be the first little boy on Santa's lap. :D ~ Sentry Telos Talk 21:01, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
Oh wait before I do, wouldn't it be easier just to have a heading and underneath people would write what they want and their signature (all that code's confusing :D), with maybe a hash (#) in front? Don't worry I understand. My brain was just feeling fried, that's all. ~ Sentry Telos Talk 21:04, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- Just to let you know, donor is the proper word, not donator. I changed the Santa List so it says donor instead. ~ Sentry Telos Talk
There is now a clan wars team sign up. P2P players and F2P players should sign up. The Santa List is slowly filling in, by the wikifest it should be doing better. God Of War 04:18, 8 January 2009 (UTC)