RuneScape talk:Wikifest/Winter 2008/Feedback
This is a page dedicated to offering feedback in regards to the 2008/09 Winter Wikifest. Please discuss any problems, concerns or other information in regards to this Wikifest so that we may better our organization of our next wikifest!
It was really unorganized and people began to do their own thing. One person in charge, one person we listen to. Things need to stick to the schedule and we need to limit chat to the public as to prevent spamming, flaming, etc.
01:36, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
It indeed was unorganized, as I doubt your previous were like this (Seeing how the author made a comment on being more involved with the F2P World), and this was my first. Although my feedback can only go so far, I believe that all talk should be made through the Clan Chat, place ALL players that are/were consistently Spamming the Clan Chat, and the Public Chat on Ignore Lists, and something I might not have mentioned. But Bonziiznob summed it up in fewer words to make the point. My question is, "How do we prevent the Riot like F2Pers that were hoarding us?" Ryan PM 02:36, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thankyou for the feedback. We need to take these things into consideration. Chicken7 >talk 02:43, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
I reckon that it either start at someone's house to begin with so there is minimal non-wikians joining. That plus there needs to be one person in TOTAL control. It got confusing with multiple different people giving instructions at the same time. That is my 10 cents for the moment Evil Yanks talk 02:46, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed, the non-wikians are annoying! However, Houses are P2P only. We need to find a F2P room that is quiet next time. Personally, I suggest the center of the Rune Essence Mine, or maybe the upstairs of a quiet shop. €MØŠwô®L[) 02:57, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Even Wikians can be annoying
as our residential PMods threatened to Mute them,and why must we all deal with Public Chat? On another note, like previously stated, taking orders from more than one person is hectic and can be discombobulating. On the other side, should we elect (on the Forums and/or on a-like page such as this) a Leader and Co-Leader incase on the action that one or neither shows up, to have a Chain of Succession for the possibility of dismissal?
I'll admit, there needs to be a bit more leadership with how these events go. There needs to be clear instruction as to what is happening during the wikifest times.
But I believe that, once again, fortress wars was a huge success during the wikifest, and it seems to be a popular activity to attend also. Perhaps I shall make a few modifications for next time..............Pkthis 03:17, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I raided Draynor one minute, pelted people with snowballs another, then found someone had pulled the party room leaver to early then put a banana on the Falador bar table. I honestly just did random things and followed people! The costume party was crazy (both of them!), as was Clan wars. However, I have to admit it was quite fun. Randommelon DO NOT WANT! 04:11, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
It was me with the banas, tomatoes, lobbies and cakes. And I think we shouldn't have two discussusions - lets have it either here, or at the forums.Doucher4000 05:08, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - As I posted on the forums, many users do not use the forums henceforth a more accessible article which can be easily archived for future reference is better.
My Opinion - First of all, I (one of the p-mods) did not threaten anybody or intended to mute them. There are spammers at the event, and I responsibly warn them not to. It is part of my responsibility to prevent those spammers from ruin the fun for the rest of wikians. I did my best to promote the spirits of the event and i gave out more than 50 toys horsey as the gifts and appreciations for those who came. I think this Wiki fest is 75% successful because we gathered more people than we thought, what does this mean? It means that people actually like our events, even if it is kinda disorganized.
Q:what is the purpose of the Wikifest?
A:It means to gather people and have some fun together.
If that is the purpose of our wikifest, then i think we did a good job today. We should give ourself a "Hi Five" because we achieved what we all wanted.
However, here is a list of things that we could work on for the next wiki:
- Location of the event: We should select a more quiet place in f2p world, such as Alkaid, Fally castle, Monk's temple, Rommington,North of Port Sarim, etc.
- Clan chat: we need to pick one specific clan chat, so every wikians can join and discuss during the event.
- Schedule: WE seriously need to follow the schedule we made, I think we missed whole bunch of activities in winter wikifest, like Hide and Seek, Custom competition, and fally's drop party.
- Leaders: we should select several leaders in the event, if one does not attend, then next person will be in charge.
- Custom competitions: We should create a separate sign in page for those who wants to compete their customs, so we will only have our competition among those players. I saw alot of wikians dressed up for the winter wikifest, and it is a shame that they waste their time for nothing.
- Yanghua2041 08:09, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
We did have like 5 fally drops.But I wasn't over by the costume party,I don't knw how that went.However,I personally don't think it's a good idea to host a costume party in runescape.I think it would be crowded and subject to failure.The hide-and-seek idea was good,we should have like 2 people hide for ten minutes.The first wiki person to trade someone hiding gets like 5k or something.Hey a good place for F2P people to meet is in the Fist of Guthix arena in a world that is for Clan Wars.Also the clan chat should remain a secret only known to registered users.Also we need a chain of command starting with admins.The F2P users should be seperated from the P2P users.Thats my opinion. - Sir Scizor119:05, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
Here's my list of places where we can host the spring Wikifest:
By Mudskipper's point, around the jail and port sarim.
By Makeover Mage
West of Grand Exchange, by Lucien's house
The sheep field south of Varrock
Shantay pass - and maybe then take the ride to the Port Sarim Jail?
Oh and as I said on the forums, scheldues are fine as long as we allow 10-20 minute window between each event, so people can make it. Doucher4000 14:36, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
But Yanghua2041, one of the P-Mods had made a comment (or at least to the point) of muting some players, or maybe it was you that said along the lines of "Stop spamming people, I do not want to mute you." I do not remember which (as I think there were three of you at one point.). Ryan PM 01:46, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
P-mod never intend to mute other players for no reason, and we usually warn the rule-breakers many times before we do so. Plus, Varrock's situation was kind of getting out of hand when there were like 5 immature spammers who said pretty darn bad things, which annoys all of the other wikians. All I did was to protect wikians from those people, if you( Bluesonic43) feel uncomfortable about me being there, just let me know, and i will not interfere the event next time.
Yanghua2041 18:20, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
No, we need a mod to scare away noob spammers. Doucher4000 00:08, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. It was obviously a hollow threat yet some how it worked. I guess that if they are spamming and breaking, then chances are that they have not read the rules and then therefore didn't know that it was a fake thread. Evil Yanks talk
This wikifest is RUBBISH[edit source]
i throught the autumm wikifest was bad, this one is ten times worse
1. i never got my present
2. the remmington and draynor was totally garbage, not to mention that it wasnt in the schedule
3. no one said it was a riot, yet some of us dropped blue and pink skirts
4. total spamming and offensive language from the so-called "editors" whom signed and i never see edit.
5. no hide and seek or partydrop
6. absolute lack of authourity
7. which idiot thinks that world 101 was the best world? how many non-wikian noobs were there, eh?
8. the group split up, and i was totally confused.
9. i made 2 vids of the wikifest, in fact i was so apalled and ashamed of the behavior by some of us i wondered the diplomancy of posting the two bloody vids. it was hard to even see my commentry in the video because some kept on spamming and saying useless things.
10. even through some of our users were known, even they misbehaved and some were still meant to be off from the wiki.
so. this is my feedback, i strongly suggest that the wikifest page be made avalible only to registered users and editing is only allowed for users who have been here for more than a week
Costume yawn[edit source]
- I came in second...Yay me!