RuneScape talk:Wiki Post/Other stuff/Botting Community Protests as Honest Players Overrun RuneScape
i don't see how you could have the nerve to say something like the engrish common among chinese gold farmers... i'm chinese and you know perfectly well that gold farmers can be ANYONE and while some chinese people do have accents, it's still a ***** slap in the face to me to see it called "engrish"! remove this nonsense now.21:18, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh calm down. First, read Wikipedia:Engrish. The term is a reference to the extreme difficulty in translating into English, not a ***** slap to the face for anyone who is Asian. --Aburnett (Talk) 21:56, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
- That still doesn't make it OK to put it in the article. Engrish is an accent and accents are present in actual text how? 04:09, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
- You still can't use the term chinese gold farmer. jagex doesnt have any worlds in china, which means china has about nothing to do with runescape and their gold farmers have easier time doing other games. and when i was in china runescape lagged so hard and i coudlnt even access this site at all, i believe the government had blocked it. 08:41, April 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh lawd, stop being a big wanker and get your stuff together. The whole term 'chinese goldfarmer' is bloody commonplace.
This is Ridiculous[edit source]
HA! The bot community is protesting?! I would rather pay another 1,000 coins for my supplies than have bots in the game. They are a disruption to all the legitimate players who actually EARN their wealth. It's simply rude and insulting. This an utter joke! I laugh at these bots/macroers!
Amos0206 00:17, April 28, 2011 (UTC)Amos0206
Isn't the whole article one (hilarious) joke? :s
- Yes, it's meant to parody the current situation :P - [Pharos] 15:39, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Love it.[edit source]
Do I detect a slight tongue-in-cheek attack at the current state of Runescape and retardedly name players.
Love the satire :P
The-Dreamcaster 20:33, June 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. I think this article is brilliant. Really brought a smile to my face :) 16:22, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
This is a joke... right?[edit source]
Okay. I have no eye for sarcasm. This IS a joke article, right?
Personally I'm okay with botting/macroing in single player games, but anything competetive like MMO's should take a firm stance on botting. Yesterday (June 20) I spent a good two hours on my homeworld reporting Ess bots. But a single black mark won't stop them, and often I'm ridiculed for both Reporting and Not botting.
The classic argument is that stopping the bots stops the commodities market too. I dissagree firmly. If bots weren't flooding the market, skillers might actually be able to make money at low to mid levels. Who knows? Maybe if all the high levels who botted or are currently botting for their skillcapes got banned, prices may equalize, and best of all: People may realize that having a skill at 98 or less.... *Gasp* isn't a FAIL inherently. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- You may wish to calibrate your sarcasm detector. The article is a joke. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 21:46, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
XD06:51, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
Atfirst I was like what the heck!! THEY ARE PROTESTING!?!?!?! Then I was like oh wait this is defently a joke lol.19:35, July 12, 2011 (UTC)