RuneScape talk:One Small Wiki Favour
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Concept for a useful addition to quest guides (quick guides too)
- 3 NPC Dialogue
- 4 Dialogue for Eagle transport system
- 5 Getting there list
- 6 Rewards limited to claim by Discord
- 7 "Required for Completing..." added to quick guides
- 8 NPC/Item Spawns
- 9 mapID
- 10 Artefact description
- 11 Detailed item images
- 12 alt1 transcribe not in all apps list?
- 13 Illusive skillcapes
- 14 Ticks per action incorrect information.
I had already adjusted the xp values for the new core rocks and changed the old rocks to line up with the now values as well does this work count towards this project? (On the mining calc) jericowrahl (talk) 14:37, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
Concept for a useful addition to quest guides (quick guides too)[edit source]
Similar to how quest guides mention whether a required item can not be used from the toolbelt, I believe the Wiki can greatly benefit from added information as to whether ores/bars in a metal bank can be used during a quest (i.e. obtainable from anvil/furnace near where quest requires said item). Blade1032789 (talk) 19:46, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
NPC Dialogue[edit source]
- Nope, just add the following to the NPC's page:
- This'll automatically remove the NPC from the list Ciphrius Kane (talk) 04:16, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Dialogue for Eagle transport system[edit source]
Not sure why we need dialogue for the individual eagles. I can easily whip up a page for the dialogue for when you use the transport system though. I don't think I can create the page myself. I was thinking of just having something in the page for the eagles point to or redirect to a section on the Eagle transport system page with a link to the dialogue page. LemonCanine (talk) 15:59, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
Getting there list[edit source]
Hi, I probably should of posted here earlier but if I can recall correctly I've chipped at that list and updated about 20+ pages back in April and will continue to add more when able. Just curious if they were of adequate quality since this list hasn't been altered since I started? I'm not after any bonds by the way just enjoy contributing. Lebdestroyer (talk) 12:43, 13 May 2019 (UTC)
Rewards limited to claim by Discord[edit source]
Its a shame such limitations are in place. At least on places like RuneClan, there is a mechanism to verify users and with such verifications, claims can be made in-game without relying on just 1 particular live chat website. With regrets, its for this reason that I cannot partake in this... promotion. 188.8.131.52 17:51, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- We primarily use Discord to make it significantly faster and easier to help out with the work of the tasks, mostly through helping with syntax, clarifying edge cases, checking work, and so on. Discord accounts are quick and easy to make, and you don't even need to make one to be in our server - though, if you prefer, coordination can be done via talk pages, though expect responses to be much less instant. If we are in doubt we'll ask you to provide your RS name via a talk page, anyway. 18:29, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
"Required for Completing..." added to quick guides[edit source]
When grinding out quests I find myself having to click back to the main guides of quests to click on the next quest in the series for nearly every quest I do. I feel that working towards adding the "required for completing" section of the full quest guide to each quick guide would be a very nice QoL update!
- Hey Ragesfire, that's a good idea, however this is something that could be botted onto the quick guide pages, not really a OSWF task. I'll do it now. :) 16:33, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
- Done! =D 17:57, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
NPC/Item Spawns[edit source]
- "Please mark them off on both pages when you're done!" Is there a preferred method for this? I've prefixed a few lines with "- ", but don't know if there is an alternate standard.
- For NPCs not at ground level, but for whom the existing map shows runescape surface, should new maps
- keep the map at plane=0 even when the spawn is marked at another level?
- use the spawn as per the list in all cases?
- use either ground or actual plane, depending on whether the upper plane shows enough context to make the location understandable, rather than just (say) a floating rectangle in a black void?
bonus: is there any way to have a plane up/down navigation on the map?
- adding the new maps will orphan a lot of current images. Should these be marked for deletion as we go along, or are there tools that perform mass deletion of orphaned pages?
- We usually use
<s>...</s>to strikethrough, which doesn't work in this case :facepalm: So "- " or even better "✓ " works.
- The full screen map has plane selection buttons in the bottom right. As for which to show, I'd say use your best judgement, so basically option 3.
- Don't worry about marking them for delete. We can do it enmass once a lot of maps have been added.
- 15:46, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Yes they're all listed at RuneScape:Map/mapIDs. Which should also be linked from all map templates (docs) I believe. 01:20, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
Artefact description[edit source]
Detailed item images[edit source]
Do the artefact article and the category pages really need item images? 02:27, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
alt1 transcribe not in all apps list?[edit source]
could someone confirm this is not just happening to me? i will try to build the transcript pages unassisted then... wished me luck 184.108.40.206 03:19, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
- supporting links (1) [Transcribe App exists or no??]
- (2) https://runeapps.org/allapps 220.127.116.11 03:24, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
Doh! i always embarrass myself to solve it right after asking for help! You are able to access it through the SysTray (Windows) and right clicking the app icon > Utility > Transcribe! 18.104.22.168 03:33, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
- Reminder to switch to non Legacy skin UI as well! 22.214.171.124 11:59, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
Illusive skillcapes[edit source]
- Maybe we want both. :P But fixed, thank you. 18:29, 23 January 2021 (UTC)
Ticks per action incorrect information.[edit source]
Been working on adding ticks per action to recipes and have found that many recipes having the wrong time. I've done some errors myself and the problem mainly seems to be on items where making 1 and making multiple have different times. I was thinking that it might be a good idea to add some more instructions to the project to make sure the information we are updating is correct. I think instructions to make more than 1 in the cases where its possible should be included, as its hard to note the difference between 1 tick. However 1 tick per item is very clear when making a full inventory at once.15:50, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- That's a good point, I'll try and make a note of it. 14:17, 30 January 2021 (UTC)