RuneScape talk:Events Team/Corporeal Beast (19 Mar 2011)
You are not entitled to view the results of this poll before you have voted.
Feel free to leave your questions and comments under this, remember to type ~~~~ after your comment/question so we know who said it.
This was a great event in my opinion, even though there were no sigil drops. I was in GreedIsGood's clan chat it got boring after a while because it was so easy to kill and no one (except for cyber kid 14 :)) was getting any drops. But some later when some people left, it was harder to kill the Corporeal Beast and it was much more fun. At the end almost everyone left and we trio'ed the Corporeal Beast. I would like to thank everyone who came to the event, especially GreedIsGood and Fergie Angel for hosting this event. If I have time I will definately be at future Corporeal Beast events!
(Chears 01:47, March 20, 2011 (UTC))
I had a lot of fun at this event. I've been playing for almost 5 years and never really done any events with clans like this before, and i really enjoyed it. i got 2 drops which i thought was good even though we got no sigil drop, i didnt mind buying black d'hide and games necklaces time after time. i was in greed's clan and he's a nice guy, met cool people. I'm sure cyber kid 14 had a lot of fun :) as chears also stated. If there is another event like this one, i'll definatly come if i can. Thanks to greedisgood and fergie angel for hosting this event!
Kloppdog 07:03, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
Hey guys, Fergie Angel here. Thank you all who came to my clan chat! I had lots of fun (picking up bodies and determining who the owners were, etc). Here's a random image I took of our epicness: , and the minimap: . (That's a lot of people O_O).
I'd just like to mention this: We're not responsible for any drops you may or may not get. My team got a whole bunch of onyx bolts, regens and a few spirit shields, but no sigils. However, we all have a much higher LSPs now, meaning our chances are raised for getting a special drop next time we kill bosses. (;
There were a lot of looters on my team, and at first I wasn't going to do anything about them (I mean, what can you do.. There were 50 people), but as time progressed I learned that kicking these individuals proved to be a good enough reason to not loot. Thank you all who did not loot but instead helped put the lost items back into their owners' hands. To those who did loot and who were kicked: Was that games necklace and black d'hide worth missing out on all those regens? (:
- I was in Greed's group. We certainly had a bunch of looters. When someone would die, there were lots of people who would stop fighting the beast to stand on the dead person's spot to wait for the loot to appear. For drops, except for one or two people who seemed to get virtually every unsplit drop, no one really got anything after 3.5 hours. I got about 3k coins from 2 spirit shield splits and 13 gold charms (and lost my jewelry, boots, and d'hide to looters when I died). I would say for future events, it should be pointed out that even with a spare games necklace in the bank, it is still virtually impossible to return to the beast within 60 seconds, unless your respawn is at Soul Wars. It took me about 65 seconds from Falador (argh). Also I believe LSP decays at 10% per day, so don't count on keeping much of it after a few days. --Saftzie (talk) 23:17, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I know I shouldn't complain and it's my own responsibility, but I lost dragon boots, a glory, RoW and black d'hide body to looters (total of 300k gp), and I heard someone also lost their bandos boots. There has been looted quite some more than only d'hide. Anyway, it was a fun event, and in 2 days of Naff's battlestaves I got my 200k back, (not complaining) and after I lost those things, the kamikaze'ing was fun too (I got 26 blue charms as a total ) JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 10:45, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
I personally had fun, even made around 400k minus cost and what not. The only real issue I had was when I died were all the looters. I spawn at soul wars so it wasn't as bad for me, I even made it in time for my Elite Void but that was it nothing else. I saw many people die while I was there ( I was in greedisgood's group) and they lost lots more (upwards to 100k+ losses) to looters. If you do hold this event again you should address looting specifically saying if it is allowed or not and strictly inforce what is decide Blaze1198 22:41, March 19, 2011 (UTC)Blaze1198
Hey guys im its GIlded here i had a great time and i want to do more massing some other time. i had a lot of fun and, even though i didnt get many drops (only regen not to brag) but i swill had a great time. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 23:38, 19 March 2011 (UTC).
It wasn't as bad as i had imagined it turning out (pessimist by nature). Despite large clan chats leading to bad splits and thinly spread drops, it also provided a safe(ish) environment for people who were corping for the first time. Until the last hour or so, we used very little food compared to what you would normally use and there was a small amount of deaths. We didnt get any big drops, but most players did get a decent amount of smaller ones. The player that Saftzie mentioned as having high LSP was very generous and shared at least 90% of his drops with others. We had very few major trolls and anyone completely leeching was kicked. There were large amounts of welfare/3 itemers, but as this was basically a noob-friendly event, i didnt take any action. - [Pharos] 01:25, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
I liked this event, would participate once again if they host.
Unfortunately, some ppl were abusing hosters kindness. Personally, I really disliked participants with nooby gear (I dont say come with full karils) such as only rune spear in hand. Is it really much for them to buy black dhide and dragon halberd at least ? Also, have in mind that you can save 3 items on death, 4 if using prayer (I used it all the time).
I believe hosters should be more strictier and maybe we should add some kind of requirements next time. Also, hosters next time need to make a picture of reccommended gear and inventory plus verbal list whats the best for event. BTW, maybe next time we should lock a cc and only let proper ranked ppl to talk, give commands. I think this would increase our efficiency a lot.
What is more, ppl start using super sets or something better in such events. With that amount of players we should have killed more corps.
On the other hand, despite all the dislikes i mentioned above, there were really good moments, good ppl.
- Did you know a rune spear does not have a 50% hit penalty, while a dragon halberd does? Hits on the CB other than a couple of weapons (dragon spear, zammy spear, rune spear, vesta's spear, magic) are reduced to 50%. JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 12:33, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Spears dmg are not reduced and the question is how ofthen do they hit with such weapons as rune spear. For example, I gained 200k exp just from CB yesterday. What about them ?
- Yes, i did feel we were pushing the boundaries of noob-friendly with allowing people with just 1 weapon and no food/pots, but we made no clear indication of "no super-welfaring" and i think most people only began using a few items late into the event due to being looted repeatedly, which is why i took no action against it. Next event however, we will most likely enforce a minimum in regards to gear and potions/prayers. I can understand a lot of players' annoyance though and i thank them for not complaining much during the event, quite a few people came with full void/karil's with turmoil and overloads on for every kill. Meanwhile, others were showing up with just a dragon (or even rune) spear and no food, teleporting back with a games necklace whenever they died.
- We shouldn't really need to take photo's of the basic gear, but we will consider it for the next PvM event.
- We will not, however, mute the clan chat to all except those ranked. During the whole 6-7hrs that my team was there, we had one troll. And he was immediately kicked by Cyber Kid 14. there just isn't enough reason to justify muting it. - [Pharos] 09:28, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, there was looting. Almost everyone attempted to loot dead players, although i didn't see much of what Saftzie was talking about. Most of them Concentrated on killing the corp until they could actually see the drops appearing. I pretty well just let the looters do what they wanted. With such large numbers it's very difficult to differentiate between looters, anti-looters and people just standing in the general vicinity while attacking the corp. And besides, the danger and the possibility of looters was clearly noted on the event page. - [Pharos] 01:25, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Stopping fighting to loot was a behavior that developed over the course of the event. By the time I left, it wasn't unusual to see 5 or 6 players run to the spot where someone else died at the moment they died. I suppose some of them might have been "anti-looters," but I suspect very few of them were. (I even tried anti-looting 2 or 3 times, but I was nowhere near fast enough, so I gave up.) However, the main thing I wanted to emphasize for future events was that the statement in the event description, "However, due to changes made by Jagex it is now fairly easy to return in under a minute," is not true in most cases. It's true, at best, only if a player's respawn point is Soul Wars. As Blaze1198 pointed out above, even then it's still not easy. --Saftzie (talk) 03:20, March 20, 2011 (UTC)