RuneScape talk:Events Team/Clan Wars Challenges (26 Mar 2011)/Archive
- Just wondering - who is providing the prize money? You know, this gets me thinking. I don't know if we're established/skilled enough to do this yet, but later down the line we could charge players in order to join some events, and the entry-fee would go toward prize money. (The prize-money-handler would have to vid the entire session to make sure that he's not scamming us.) So for instance, we could do matching up contestants for a game of Clan Wars, 1v1. Entry fee would be 200k. Winner would get his/her entry fee back, PLUS the other person - so it would be doubled, and they would get 400k. Or we could do this same idea with level 3s - same thing but both players have to be level 3. (So they'd presumably make a new account) Then the challenge would be finding the best equipment for a level 3. We could go in infinitely many directions with this - basically, idea is that players pay entry-fee, winner(s) get all entry fee's. Doesn't cost us anything. Just an idea. :P Zaayir 05:48, March 23, 2011 (UTC)
- We will never introduce a fee for events. We will however consider staking events in the future. - [Pharos] 06:33, March 23, 2011 (UTC)
PK Madness[edit source]
- Looks like D happened. --Saftzie (talk) 18:15, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
Steel vs. ?[edit source]
Since people can bring whatever they're willing to lose (assuming they're okay with getting kicked from the official chat for not wearing steel, which you should probably emphasize a bit more), other than the free provision of steel to anyone who wants it, is the "Steel War" basically just a promise that the ET will only be dressed in steel? So it could be a bunch of Defence 40s with rune plate and scimitars vs. a bunch of Defence 99s with steel plate and dragon claws? --Saftzie (talk) 04:05, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Ive been told by Fergie that if you are kicked from the clan chat you are kicked from the war immediately. I should probably go check that to make sure... - [Pharos] iPhone Edit 04:43, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I wasn't planning on bringing rune myself, but it seemed worthwhile to clarify. But now I have another question along the same lines.
"These are the only armour items you may wear in the war."
... referring to steel platebody, platelegs, and full helm. Does that mean no shields, steel vs anything else? Boots? Gloves? Even steel med helms? Chainbodies? --Saftzie (talk) 18:40, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not trying to be exasperating. I'm pretty sure I understand the intent. But if I have questions about the wording of the conditions intended, I think you can bet others with less understanding will have more questions. Think about the reaction if someone sees someone else with something they thought was prohibited or if someone gets kicked for something they thought was allowed. --Saftzie (talk) 18:59, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
Limited space...[edit source]
There isn't all that much space in the Gamer's Grotto to hold the number of people that will presumably be attending the event. The Clan Wars section of the Grotto makes the space even smaller. Could we use seperate worlds for each war, and choose other players to be hiders? It would greatly reduce confusion and general chaos. If we have +100 players crammed into one relatively small room, there could be quite a few problems. -.-18:26, March 24, 2011 (UTC)