What this page is for[edit source]
- Coding help.
Questions about writing templates, making user pages, or wikitext can be asked here and users will help to the best of their ability.
- Questions on how the wiki works.
All the policies and processes in use on the RuneScape Wiki may seem a little overwhelming at first. If you need help in understanding any of our policies, asking here is a good start.
- Other questions to the users of the wiki.
While the Yew Grove is often a better place, a simple question may be asked here for a quick response.
- An all-in-one place to put things.
Many of the wiki's procedures are lesser-known, so putting a note here is a good way to do something if the correct procedure is not known.
- Also check out our editing and general help sections!
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Appealing mutes or bans on your RuneScape account.
We are not Jagex; we cannot help you with in-game problems. Try looking on the RuneScape Support site instead.
- Requests for actions involving administrator tools.
For issues, please visit the Administrative requests page. If you're not sure if your problem requires an administrator, post it on that page.
- Discussion on policies or other wide-ranging actions.
The Yew Grove is a more suitable location to discuss larger changes to the Wiki's policies, procedures and high-use templates.
- General chat.
General chat about RuneScape or off-topic subjects should be taken to our Discord server or talk pages when applicable.
Sealed clue scroll (master) drop lines[edit source]
According to info we have, a Sealed clue scroll (master) may drop in place of a Sealed clue scroll (elite). Drop tables have still not been updated to reflect this, with master clues missing from a number of relevant pages. This is a too big a task for me to do, so we need someone with an appropriate level of automation to go through any pages that have a drops line for elite clues to also add the drops line for master clues to get things up to date. Henneyj 20:07, 9 June 2021 (UTC)
Sinister key drop[edit source]
On the Sinister key page, someone has put "always" from Triskelion Treasures and a note: it always drops with possibility 11. I don't think this is ideal. Most people won't read the note. Either a reference needs to be added to direct them, or, IMO better, just changed to "uncommon"--and the note could be added as well. Commenting here because I don't know how to (and if I should!) edit these auto-generated tables. 23:41, 26 January 2022 (UTC)
- @Anastasious:Yeah, it’s a bit tricky - AIUI the triskelion page lists the various bundles, each as their own drop table using the template. Within a given drop, those items are indeed always dropped. The issue is exactly what you’re seeing here - adding an item to a drop table automatically adds that drop source to the list on the item page, which can be misleading in this type of situation. You wouldn’t be able to edit the table directly, as again, it’s generated - it would need to be a more complex rethinking of how the drops are presented. Micha (talk) 00:27, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
Fiyr remains loot table[edit source]
I've cremated 1k of fiyr remains while wearing morytania legs 4 which should increase the odds of gold keys and i'd like to submit the reward data but i don't know how / if the gold key bias should be taken to account. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cra (talk) on 06:56, 18 May 2022.
- As far as I know the tables which use the data module don't account for things like that but I'm not 100% sure. BlackHawk would be the person to ask though. 11:34, 25 May 2022 (UTC)
Scraping historic GE data, and if it's allowed.[edit source]
I'm attempting to create a model of how certain updates have changed the prices of various items and wanted to try and setup a python script to get past information of GE prices. I see that it's saved somewhere to be viewed in the charts for each page, but have had trouble getting anything but the most recent prices - while I've been collecting that data for future use, is there anyway to pull request for past prices? 18.104.22.168 20:05, 5 August 2022 (UTC)
Remove a page wrongly created[edit source]
Hello, I've created both Martepic and Martepic Barbedru as redirects to Hammerspike Stoutbeard. I haven't had the full name (from the french version) when creating the first one, and now I don't know how to delete it. 2A01:E34:EC40:7330:D86A:F434:F90D:AED7 17:43, 11 August 2022 (UTC)
- Hi there. It's okay to have both of those redirects, as one might want to find that page by typing just the first name. Habblet (talk|c) 18:33, 11 August 2022 (UTC)
Edit Module:Infobox person[edit source]
Can someone change Module:Infobox Person so that it appends a hidden category, say
Jagex employees with Reddit accounts automatically if the