The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the article below. Please do not modify it.
The result was Keep
08:12, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Much of the information contained here is false or obsolete. If it is one of these items that it could be done with, this could be put on that article's page. It is also reminiscent of duplicating items (maybe that's just me?), but it doesn't look very good if you ask me. Maybe I'm overly panicking, and if people don't want this deleted, then I will personally clean up the article after this is closed and make it at factually accurate.
Delete - As nominator. HaloTalk 02:42, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
Keep - if we did this we would have to explain it every time it comes up Evil1888 Talk A's L 02:49, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Explain what (it is very ambiguous) ? HaloTalk 02:50, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
Keep - RS:BB and many quest items, such as Carnillean armour can be drop tricked. --Coolnesse 10:54, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
Keep - It might not look good to you, but it looks good to me. bad_fetustalk 17:15, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
Keep - There's nothing wrong with drop tricking. Jagex knows it happens and if they had a huge problem with it, they would have done something about it long ago. It doesn't harm any aspect of the game, since you can only ever use one item at a time. To be honest I'm kind of miffed every time they release something that's not drop trickable, since what is the harm in having more than one? Psycho Robot talk 17:36, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps we should change the name then. (In addition to cleaning up the article). Because this seems to condone it in a negative light (at least to me-am I just randomly panicking?) HaloTalk 20:01, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I can't really think of anything that adequately describes the technique that doesn't use an even more negative term like duplication or copying. Maybe something like "Drop Method"? Psycho Robot talk 20:12, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- That may be more appropriate. "Trick" just sounds like it's rulebreaking to me. At least in this context. HaloTalk 20:22, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Just to comment, although there is no official name, drop trick is the much more common one user among players. But then again, drop method sounds a lot more encyclopaedic. Chicken7 >talk 06:02, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
- RS:NOT#WIKIPEDIA --Coolnesse 20:37, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
- ? I had a read, and I don't believe I referred to Wikipedia or their policies. We apparently are supposed to keep an encyclopaedic format to our wiki, while being a fansite. Chicken7 >talk 06:58, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
Keep- per Psycho Robot Krayfish 19:17, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
Keep - It seems fine to me. Sentra246 07:19, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the debate. No further edits should be made to this page.