The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the article below. Please do not modify it.
The result was Delete
Armour/Best Slash Accuracy
There's no such thing as 'slash accuracy' any more, just slash weapons and the accuracy stat. Doesn't have much content, only lists 3 weapons total. Not really relevant at all after EoC. Also I don't want to clog up the page with so many deletion requests, but the pages Armour/Best Crush Accuracy, Armour/Best Crush Defence Without Revenant Reward/Degradable Armour, Armour/Best Slash Defence Without Revenant Reward/Degradable Armour, Armour/Best Stab Accuracy, Armour/Best Stab Defence Without Degradable Armour, Armour/Best Summoning Defence, and Armour/Strength are similarly outdated.
Delete - As nominator. 126.96.36.199 21:07, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Delete - All obsolete and isn't really needed anymore. Haidro 02:04, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
Delete - Slash this page from the wiki. 21:19, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
Question - Wait so, all the pages you listed there need to be deleted? 06:29, January 21, 2013 (UTC)
- I would imagine all of the other pages transcluded onto Armour/Highest bonuses too. --Henneyj 18:40, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
Comment - As all of these are redundant pages with stats that do not exist in the game any more (where historical versions make little sense), I would just delete them as artifacts or the pre-EoC combat, in the same way other things were updated, such as Recover special. cqm 01:19, 23 Jan 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
Speedy D - I never got around to marking them for that myself. MolMan 23:01, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- He wants the speedy D! 10:04, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
|A user has requested closure for Requests for deletion/Armour/Best Slash Accuracy. Request denied. The reason given was: Some pages included within the request are still relevant to current play (see below)
More - We have an entire category to delete: Category:Dungeoneering armour bonuses templates MolMan 20:57, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
Notice of Intent - From what I can see, the category above is full of templates transcluded onto Armour/Highest bonuses/Dungeoneering, which was not included in the list within this RfD. Since no one has expressed any objection to deleting the various listed pages with the reason they are all outdated post-EoC, I will take that as a precedent for deleting this and other pages that fall into the same category of obsoleteness. I'll close this when it's completed. cqm 01:32, 5 Feb 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
- I have come across an irregularity whilst deleting the various pages. Whilst pages relating to stab defence are largely outdated, as there is no longer any visible way to distinguish between them (there may be some behind the scenes values remaining) the pages relating to stab attack are relevant, for instance drygore rapier is a stab weapon against a drygore mace which is a crush weapon. I do not feel these pages are beyond help and do not believe they fall within the reason of the page being irrelevant post-EoC. As such I am leaving this open requesting further discussion on this topic. cqm 03:13, 5 Feb 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
- Because this is solely dependent on the weapon, they could be fluently (and probably more accessibly) placed on the respective weapons page. i.e. Stab weapons would have a highest bonuses section. I think that'd work for better fluency's sake than having them off on their own isolated page as well as adding some more content and information so that each weapon class page is their own one-stop-shop of weapony goodness; I mean, the "best X accuracy" pages are already small on their own, so fitting them at the end in their own section won't be a hassle. MolMan 19:49, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
Strong keep - The best Crush/Stab/Slash accuracies pages are (almost) up-to-date and still relevant. The defence ones like Armour/Free-to-play_Ranged_defence and so on need deleting, as well as the entire category of Dungeoneering highest bonuses pages that Mol Man mentioned. Or alternatively, we can delete them all and start new clearer pages, in order to avoid the mess which exists now. 5-x Talk 15:52, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I still believe that the accuracy pages are best suited on their respective weapon class pages. I mean, if the only factor in your accuracy is the weapon, wouldn't it make the most sense to find the best choices on that page rather than a nubby article of its own? MolMan 19:38, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
- It's probably worth noting these pages regarding weapons are found on a subpage of Armour. Considering the armour pages have been deleted, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have attack equipment on a subpage of defence equipment. cqm 20:57, 7 Feb 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
- Is that for or against my merger? Also, an amendment to my merger (kinda), if we want to keep all the best bonuses together on a page via transclusion, that can still be done by using <onlyinclude> tags around the particular section, rather than having redundant, extra pages that are essential a repeat of something. MolMan 20:17, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- That's a it's-misleading-to-have-a-page-about-weapons-on-a-subpage-of-armour. I'm not really interested where the information goes, rather that it stays somewhere and in an obvious place. Having a dozen redirects (I've deleted something like 130 pages already from this RfD) point to a page so someone can find it is largely a waste of time when searching "Best stab weapon" should probably take you to Stab weapons in the first place. cqm 00:14, 9 Feb 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
Strong keep - http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/rs2007-server ... =_=... will still be more or less valid for launch.
iN008talk 10:25, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Whilst this is a possibility, Forum:A Blast from the Past is currently discussing where the information can be found. Regardless, I've already deleted the vast majority of the pages concerned. This is more for where to put the information that is still relevant to the game as it stands currently. My apologies if I didn't make that clear. cqm 10:35, 17 Feb 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
Delete - if it's obsolete, there's no real reason to keep it. JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 14:04, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's less about the deletion now and more about where to put those accuracy and defense pages. I think all the truly obsolete pages have been deleted barring the templates in the category. To be fair, I did just kind of bring those up out of nowhere. The category has been discussed here a tad and I honestly think it can be speedy D'd, but the merge talk may have been inappropriate to discuss here. I will create a separate discussion for one and/or the other if they are what's been keeping this discussion open and no one feels like my points for whatever is concerned have any particular strength. MolMan 21:03, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
|A user has requested closure for Requests for deletion/Armour/Best Slash Accuracy. Request complete. The reason given was: Delete the remaining obsolete pages that Cam opted not to finish up on as well as the dungeoneering category and templates; make a decision on Best Accuracy pages or a decision of needing more discussion
Closed - Despite a largely mixed response to this request, the pages in question are largely out of date/obsolete. As such, I have decided to merge the various highest stats tables onto their relevant pages, assuming they do not have them currently. The remaining subpages of Armour relate the ranged, magic, prayer and melee armour, which contain the relevant information, albeit less directly. Weapon stats can be found on their relevant pages, such as Ranged weapons.
RuneScape:Requests_for_deletion/Category:Dungeoneering_armour_bonuses_templates has also been closed as a result of this RFD. cqm 03:47, 3 Mar 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the debate. No further edits should be made to this page.