The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the article below. Please do not modify it.
The result was Keep
Sounds like bug abuse, so this article should not exist for now per the glitch policy (since being able to manipulate attack speeds and attack more often than is intended clearly isn't intended gameplay). Especially since there is a 'how to' section, which probably breaks the Code of Conduct.
Delete - As nominator. User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 18:27, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
Keep - Intricate and essential part of high level PvM nowadays. Plus, as noted on the page, it'll be expanded in future. Gaz Lloyd 7:^]Events!99s 18:35, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
- From that, it's clearly not an intentional feature. How is this not bug abuse? User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 10:35, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Taking advantage of different weapon attack speeds has always been a feature of runescape, so that itself is not a bug. What is "buggy" about 4taa is the ability bar not canceling your current action. While a 1 tick mini-cooldown is in place, and the ability bar lets you bypass that, it is not working as intended, but it has already been acknowledged by Jagex to be something to consider implementing in the near future. For as long as I can remember, people used auto attacks after they used a non-damaging ability such as a defensive or sunshine, and auto attacks have been a staple in the pvm rotation for a long time now. The wiki is meant to stay up to date and imo the wiki not including 4taa is a huge step back, especially when that's how a lot of players learn new things about the game. manhattan' 10:46, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
- If you say so. I'd never heard about it until this morning and everything about it screams "bug abuse". You might want to make extremely plain that Jagex know about this on the article, then. Preferably with an official source, i.e. not the Reddit. User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 10:51, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
- It has been a thing for almost a year, and when there was seasonal highscores, it was pretty much impossible to compete in the Telos seasonal without 4taa. Jagex is 100% aware of its existence and if it was planned on being patched then the highscores would not have happened until it has been. It is upwards of 10% if done properly, and is less of an increase of damage when compared to invention perks, which you just throw on your items and forget about. Its not overpowered, but it looks like it will be nerfed when jagex decided to implement it officially since magic is far superior compared to the other combat styles. manhattan' 11:02, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
Keep - per Gaz. 19:16, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
Keep - per Gaz. CephHunter talk 19:26, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
Keep - per Gaz. Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 20:21, October 26, 2017 (UTC)
Keep - it's a significant PVM mechanic and the page can be used in multiple PVM guides. Jagex would seem to be aware of it so I don't think the glitch policy needs to be applied. IsobelJ 11:58, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
Keep - However, I am of the preference that it be made into a general 'Combat techniques' guide page, or turned into a subpage on such a page. Star Talk 12:22, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
Keep but rename/merge - As star, make it into a combat techniques page. If we covered every player made technique as its own article then we’d have a lot of articles that aren’t necessary or meaningful jayden 14:02, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
|A user has requested closure for Requests for deletion/4 tick auto attack. Request complete. The reason given was: Snowball clause. But I maintain that it should be made clearer that this is not bug abuse because it sure as Zamorak appears as such.
16:16, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
Closed - The page will not be deleted. IsobelJ 14:10, October 28, 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the debate. No further edits should be made to this page.