RuneScape:Requests for adminship/Parsonsda
i Spend most of my time on runescape wiki, and the best edits i made are as followed:
- while guthix sleeps i edited the reward scroll to make it look at it best.
- cockatrice i added how hard it was to get the head as a drop.
- Cockatrice head i added the imaged of the cockatrice head in the chat box and also add the Trivia section.
- Defeating the Culinaromancer was vandalized, until i fixed it up, now it say the npc battles. Parsonsda 13:40, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
I, parsonsda, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realize that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my powers because I realize that this is a serious offence and if the community finds that I have done so, my powers will be revoked and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Parsonsda 13:40, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Questions for the nominee
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
mainly i would like to take part in checking pages all over runescape wiki, some of them are quite old, and need updating, i would be happy to do that. I also be happy to help any other users on runescape wiki. also being a look out for big news, unknown items and other thing yet to come.i would also revert vandalism ban ip if needed, and most importantly remove fake pages.
2. What are your best contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why?
I love to fix pages, Though some pages i cant fix, like pages including npc, such as larry Though i do try to do my best of my abilities and fix as much as i can. I also like fixing random pages that i can find and i know, witch really helps players who visits runescape wiki in a big way, im always willing to help, no matter what the cost.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
if i had a user that would of caused me stress i would give them 3 chances, 1. warning 2. 2nd warning 3.(if possible) a temporary ban, thou most of the users on runescape wiki have no problems, so i don't think ill have any problems with any users in the near future
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
Strong Oppose - First of all, you clearly don't understand how this process works because I had to spend about 5 minutes fixing this page. Second of all, you've barely contributed. Your edit count and lack of contributions is enough, but you have also never ever helped revert/report vandalism. Andrew talk 17:06, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
~i must say thank you for fixing up this page, i was going to do it but i forgot, if you get enter in the rfd ill put a good comment under you, thanks again.Parsonsda 15:35, 19 July 2009 (UTC)~
Strong Oppose - Soldier pretty much summed it up. Few edits, no anti-vandalism, no community discussion work, didn't answer RfA questions... No reason for you to need admin tools at this time.17:33, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
~the resons i want have some admin tools is so i can help better, Though you argument is good, thanks~
- Well, since you didn't even participate in a common admin activity, which is Counter Vandalism, I don't see a reason why a need is needed. Also, there is no adding speedy deletion to pages to let admins delete the pages. ~MuzTalk 15:45, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Strong oppose - You are completely unworthy of being an admin.23:48, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
~i edit quit alot on runescape.wiki i made a page called choose option, but your right about discussion, i will try to discus more in the future if or if not i become part of the runescape.wiki crew.~
Comment - I'm looking at the comment above me and loling.
Oppose - Per all.
Oppose - 45 mainspace edits. Not enough to vote for UotM. :| Sorry, but I don't see much edits, anti-vandalism work, discussion at Yew Groves, help placing Speedy deletions when needed, and more. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 02:54, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Is this someone's idea of a joke? Per all, they summed it up. You have a long way to go; right now you barely have over 40 mainspace edits, I haven't seen you around before, you didn't sign the rfa nor answer any of the questions, and you described in detail 2 or 3 of your edits without proper capitalization.04:12, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Someone tell me why the hell capitalization is a big deal here. Christine 05:02, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Comment I realize Parsonsda made an error in his requesting admin tools. They have little experience here on the wiki so informing them of why you are opposing is constructive criticism. Well and good, they can use that information to better themselves. But to those of you who choose to mock and feel superior, you disgust me. That is not the way to build a community of people working together. If you have nothing to add that can be used by Parsonsda to help them further their knowledge, or simply wish to oppose to show that you are "with everybody else", you do not need to add to this discussion. --Degenret01 04:55, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Needless to say 05:00, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Comment - 1)"some of them are quite old, and need updating" You can check that without being sysopped. Go here. 2)It is "Though" not "thou". 3)It is asking you if you had conflicts with other users in the past, not asking you how will you deal with users who annoyed you. :| 4)You said you edit a lot and created a page. I don't think having under 100 mainspace is "a lot". 5)Please try to work on your grammar. 6)There is no RuneScape wiki crew. :| Everyone is equal. We are all just editors. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 13:37, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- 7)You don't need admin tools to revert vandalism. Please click the undo button when you find vandalism and report it to the CVU. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 13:48, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
~thanks for the tip =)~
- Also, you can easily create a space by adding : and try to remember to sign your post with ~~~~. :) Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 14:06, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Comment - Also, by deleting comments from this page, you are breaking "Don't Delete Discussions", which shows not a strong understanding of the policies of the Wiki. ~MuzTalk 15:53, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
~sorry, forgot, it because of one person keep saying im worthless,if i cant delete him, ill just do it him, thanks for reminder.~
- If you can't handle people calling you the worst most offensive things imaginable (or in this case someone simply insulting you), how could you possibly hope to become an admin?--
16:07, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- I understand that you (Parsonsda) might be a bit mad at the comment, but there will be rude people that you will meet in life. Being an admin doesn't make everyone instantly respect you, you would get more comments like that if becoming an admin. And also, fighting fire with fire will get you nowhere. His comment was uncalled for, but it still can not be removed unless it is extremely offensive. ~MuzTalk 16:16, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
OBSCENELY STRONG OPPOSE - Firstly, you have less than 100 edits. Secondly, the edits that aren't reverting vandalism are poorly written and non-NPOV. Thirdly, you tried to erase someone's comment because they didn't support it.
I don't know if you'd even know how to use the admin tools if you got them. WWTDD? 16:10, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
~i must say thank you for fixing up this page, i was going to do it but i forgot, if you get enter in the rfd ill put a good comment under you, thanks again. - No problem, but if you mean RfA then there's no need since I'm already an admin. I hope that my comments weren't too harsh as you seem like a good contributor but you still have a lot to work on. Good luck. Andrew talk 17:10, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Along with what others have said, your response to question 3 was, "if i had a user that would of caused me stress i would give them 3 chances, 1. warning 2. 2nd warning 3.(if possible) a temporary ban...". You will probably encounter stress and conflict with other users, but you can't ban people just because you don't like them. Also, please try to work on your spelling and grammar, especially if you want to become an admin; good communication is essential for all editors, especially as admins often have to explain the reasoning behind their actions. Butterman62 (talk) 19:52, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Support! - Ironically. Because its what cool people do.20:31, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - I know you have good intentions, but you seem to have little understanding of wiki policies... you should familiarize yourself with the wiki and get an understanding of how we do things here. In terms of editing, anti-vandal work and more edits in general are needed. Also, you should check the Yew Grove regularly and participate in discussions. And sign your comments as well; you leave many of them unsigned. Finally, remember that adminship simply gives you extra editing tools, nothing more. 21:49, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- I recommend to close this there is no chance that Parsonsda will get adminship from this one 21:53, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Who are you?. 10:02, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- The numbers of people supporting, opposing, or expressing another opinion on a candidacy are the main factor in determining whether or not the user will be given permissions. Requests will be held for two weeks before a final decision is made. You guys need to stop making these stupid requests for closure. They're getting ridiculous. Andrew talk 14:34, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Support - Encouragement and good intention. Also per physcho robot TEbuddy 01:53, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- So you support for the sole reason of nothing? How does that make any sense whatsoever? If we all supported due to no good reason, the wiki would be chaotic. Chaos Monk Talk • Sign 23:14, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Comment - I don't get it.....
there are so many people opposing I was to laggy to post. The fact that I have never seen this user edit, post, or do anything at all proves this user is far from ready.21:50, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- "The fact that I have never seen this user edit, post, or do anything at all proves that this user is far from ready" - So a user is only ready if you see him do stuff? Since when are you the ultimate arbiter? :P Butterman62 (talk) 15:50, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- Have any of us seen this user do anything? I think that statement can be said by anyone. the message I am trying to get to people is that unless the community as a whole has seen this user do positive things, that user is not ready. Sorry my wording distracted from the content of the post. 23:30, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- I dunno, apparently Tebuddy and psycho supported. :P Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 10:29, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
Comment - I have no idea what tebuddy said "Per psycho" or why psycho said anything. none of these two reasons made any sence to me. can the two of you explane?
- Techie supported "Because its what cool people do" >.< Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 02:12, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- I supported him ironically because its what cool people do! And my name's not techie! 03:46, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose I may not edit much on this wiki but I do use it a lot for reference and I never see your name around.02:09, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Request for closure Despite some misguided/sarcastic "support" above from people who should know better, I would like to invoke the snowball clause on this one - it is a waste of everybody's time having this open. Leevclarke talk 17:44, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Patience is a virtue. It's only open for another 2 days and Parsonsda hasn't requested that it be closed. Andrew talk 19:40, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Not just that, but I was not being sarcastic and am no more misguided than you. TEbuddy 21:40, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- I might bring up something on the Yew Grove about RfA closures, because Parsonsda has pretty much no chance of becoming a sysop, and at least three people have requested closure. If it's against policy, policy needs to be changed. ~ Sentry Telos Talk 05:58, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- If you really were not being sarcastic then you are seriously misguided. There is no way this RFA should pass. Leevclarke talk 23:06, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Not just that, but I was not being sarcastic and am no more misguided than you. TEbuddy 21:40, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Closed - Parsonsda will not become an administrator at this time. 03:40, 31 July 2009 (UTC)