RuneScape:One Small Wiki Favour
|1 • 2 • 3 |
One Small Wiki Favour is a project to improve the RuneScape Wiki, where wiki users can contribute to a number of ongoing wiki tasks and qualify for receiving in-game rewards, including bonds. Anyone is welcome to participate, whether you're completely new to the wiki or you've been here for a while. If you have not edited before, then this is a great time to get involved!
To participate in this project and GET A BOND, take a look at the tasks below and find one that looks exciting -- completing any one of them will earn you a share of a bond. Each task has some advice on how to effectively tackle it, but we strongly recommend joining the
#one-small-wiki-favour channel in our Discord to coordinate with other editors, discuss the project, and claim your rewards. If you do not wish to create a discord account you can claim rewards and get help via the talk (discussion) page or by contacting the co-ordinator via their talk page. Note that bonds are not awarded automatically so please contact the coordinator and allow time to check the task, and it may take up to two weeks for bonds to be awarded by Jagex. Bonds awarded by Jagex appear directly in your currency pouch.
Tasks and rewards[edit source]
Current tasks active until
If you have worked on a goal and want to be considered for a bond, please let us know in the OSWF discord channel. One of the project helpers will check your contributions and may award you a bond if you have completed the task. If you have done work on a goal but not managed to complete it fully before the reset time then you may still be rewarded some coins for your work.
If you are awarded a bond then it will be added directly to your RuneScape account - please allow up to a week for Jagex to action our requests for bonds. If you are awarded coins then one of the project helpers will meet you in game to give you your reward - just ask in the discord channel to claim your prize and a project helper will meet you when you are available.
Farming Plant Pages - Task active
Create or substantially improve the pages for 15 plants.
The wiki is currently missing pages for most plants (the scenery objects of Farming produce) and we are looking for help creating them! These pages can be created by anyone and don't require in game actions to create.
Page should include MROD Database search for plant using it's name or a part of the name, preceded and suceeded by a
/. For example
/strawberry/. The infobox versions should be split, as in the example into Seed (just been planted), Seed (w) (just planted and watered), Growing (growth stages), Growing (w) (watered), Diseased, Dead and Grown (fully grown can be harvested). In the database these can be told appart by the actions listed, for all but seed and grown there should be one id per growth stage, minus the first (Seed) and final (grown) stage (for strawberry this means 5).
This should be followed by the
|grown = parameter contains the correct link (the page you are creating) and the displayed text matches the in game name (this applies to the box on the seed page as well). Remeber to change the
|name= parameter on the new page to match the in game name of the plant.
The bottom of the page should have thetemplate, which is the navigation box.
See Strawberry plant for an example page.
Add information to Ranch Out of Time animal pages - Task active
Add missing details to 50 pages for Ranch Out of Time animals
All pages for the animals released with Ranch Out of Time are missing some pieces of information that straightforward to find out and add to the page. For each page check whether the listed information is missing, if it is then following the guidance to obtain the information and add it to the page.
- Detailed image (top left corner of the page) - obtain an image using this method of using the item on Maemi. Ensure that your graphics AA setting is set to FXAA+MSAA and anti-aliasing quality is set to ultra. Upload the image by clicking the red link on the page.
- Inventory icon (image at top of right hand table) - screenshot the icon when the item is held in the inventory or bank. Click the red link to upload it.
- Produce - add what item is obtained (in the produceitem field) and in what quantity (producequantity field) of the left hand table.
- Disassembly - cast Analyse on the item to confirm whether it can disassembled or not. Add Yes or No to the disassembly field of the right hand table.
- Destroy - attempt to drop the item to see if there is a message prompting the player that the item will be destroyed. If there is a message, copy it exactly to the destroy field on the right hand table. If the item is dropped enter "drop".
- Examine - right click and examine the item, copy the message exactly to the destroy field on the right hand table.
- Pavosaurus rex (Player-owned farm)
- Pavosaurus rex (unchecked)
- Pavosaurus nemus
- Pavosaurus nemus (unchecked)
- Pavosaurus desertum
- Pavosaurus desertum (unchecked)
- Pavosaurus lucidum
- Malletops (Player-owned farm)
- Malletops (unchecked)
- Malletops palus
- Malletops palus(unchecked)
- Malletops purpura
- Malletops purpura (unchecked)
- Malletops lucidum
- Oculi apoterrasaur (Player-owned farm)
- Oculi apoterrasaur (unchecked)
- Oculi apoterrasaur oceanum
- Oculi apoterrasaur oceanum (unchecked)
- Oculi apoterrasaur glacies
- Oculi apoterrasaur glacies (unchecked)
- Oculi apoterrasaur lucidum
- Corbicula rex (Player-owned farm)
- Corbicula rex (unchecked)
- Corbicula gelum
- Corbicula gelum (unchecked)
- Corbicula malum
- Corbicula malum (unchecked)
- Corbicula lucidum
- Asciatops (Player-owned farm)
- Asciatops (unchecked)
- Asciatops acta
- Asciatops acta (unchecked)
- Asciatops aurum
- Asciatops aurum (unchecked)
- Asciatops lucidum
- Spicati apoterrasaur (Player-owned farm)
- Spicati apoterrasaur (unchecked)
- Spicati apoterrasaur tilia
- Spicati apoterrasaur tilia (unchecked)
- Spicati apoterrasaur purpura
- Spicati apoterrasaur purpura (unchecked)
- Spicati apoterrasaur lucidum
Bagrada rex (Player-owned farm)
- Bagrada rex (unchecked)
- Bagrada nemus
- Bagrada nemus (unchecked)
- Bagrada purpura
- Bagrada purpura (unchecked)
- Bagrada lucidum
- Scimitops (Player-owned farm)
- Scimitops (unchecked)
- Scimitops palus
- Scimitops palus (unchecked)
- Scimitops blavum
- Scimitops blavum (unchecked)
- Scimitops lucidum
Green salamander (Player-owned farm)
- Green salamander (unchecked)
- Black salamander (Player-owned farm)
- Black salamander (unchecked)
- Orange salamander (Player-owned farm)
- Orange salamander (unchecked)
- Red salamander (Player-owned farm)
- Red salamander (unchecked)
- Wytchfire salamander
- Brutish dinosaur (Player-owned farm)
- Brutish dinosaur (unchecked)
- Beach dinosaur
- Beach dinosaur (unchecked)
- Forest dinosaur
- Forest dinosaur (unchecked)
- Magnificent dinosaur
- Arcane apoterrasaur (Player-owned farm)
- Arcane apoterrasaur (unchecked)
- Arcane apoterrasaur natura
- Arcane apoterrasaur natura (unchecked)
- Arcane apoterrasaur iratum
- Arcane apoterrasaur iratum (unchecked)
- Arcane apoterrasaur lucidum
Feral dinosaur (Player-owned farm)
- Feral dinosaur (unchecked)
- Venomous dinosaur (Player-owned farm)
Ripper dinosaur (Player-owned farm)
- Ripper dinosaur (unchecked)
- Hypnotic dinosaur
- Aquatic jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Aquatic jadinko (unchecked)
- Amphibious jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Amphibious jadinko (unchecked)
- Camouflaged jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Camouflaged jadinko (unchecked)
- Cannibal jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Cannibal jadinko (unchecked)
- Carrion jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Carrion jadinko (unchecked)
- Common jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Common jadinko (unchecked)
- Diseased jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Diseased jadinko (unchecked)
- Draconic jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Draconic jadinko (unchecked)
- Igneous jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Igneous jadinko (unchecked)
- Shadow jadinko (Player-owned farm)
- Shadow jadinko (unchecked)
Taking images of Ranch Out of Time animal growth stages - Task active
Take 20 images of animal growth stages
Many animals are still missing images for different stages of their growth or have images which are not up to our usual image standards.
You can find instructions on how to take images and how to add them to the wiki here. Please follow the instructions carefully; your edits will only be rewarded if the image is of sufficient quality. If you need any help/feedback on your images please head over to Discord!
Image transparency - Task active
Add transparency or translucency to 30 images.
In order to have the highest quality images possible on the wiki many of them need to have the background removed and we need your help.
It is strongly recommended to NOT use the magic wand tool as it will result in a poor transparency.
Transparency can be quite tricky to do at first, but we have a step-by-step guide on how to add it here. If you are not familiar with adding transparency to images, we recommend that you get feedback from other editors on your first attempts. It can take a few tries to edit transparency well. Please keep in mind that transparency must be done to a certain standard in order to qualify for this project. Some info on translucency can be found here.
- You must have a wiki account and cannot be blocked. Anonymous edits will not count. You can sign up for a wiki account at Special:CreateAccount.
- The reward for completion of each task will be one bond. If multiple editors contribute to a finite goal then the prize may be split between them.
- You may also be awarded coins if you work on a goal but do not do the full amount of work required to earn a bond. The amount of coins will be equal to the percentage of the task being completed. You must do at least 25% of the total task to claim a reward.
- If you are awarded a bond or a share of a bond, you can get in contact with one of the project runners on Discord and claim it in game. Bonds are generally awarded by Jagex which may take up to two weeks, and they will appear directly in your currency pouch.
- You can claim two bonds over each two week period that tasks are active.