RuneScape:One Small Wiki Favour
One Small Wiki Favour is a project to improve the RuneScape Wiki, where wiki users can contribute to a number of ongoing wiki tasks and qualify for receiving in-game rewards, including bonds. Anyone is welcome to participate, whether you're completely new to the wiki or you've been here for a while. If you have not edited before, then this is a great time to get involved!
To participate in this project and GET BOND, take a look at the tasks below and find one that looks exciting -- completing any one of them will earn you a share of a bond. Each task has some advice on how to effectively tackle it, but we strongly recommend joining the
#one-small-wiki-favour channel in our Discord to coordinate with other editors, discuss the project, and claim your rewards.
Tasks and rewards[edit source]
Current tasks active until
If you have worked on a goal and want to be considered for a bond, please let us know in the OSWF discord channel. One of the project helpers will check your contributions and may award you a bond if you have completed the task. If you have done work on a goal but not managed to complete it fully before the reset time then you may still be rewarded some coins for your work.
If you are awarded a bond then it will be added directly to your RuneScape account - please allow up to a week for Jagex to action our requests for bonds. If you are awarded coins then one of the project helpers will meet you in game to give you your reward - just ask in the discord channel to claim your prize and a project helper will meet you when you are available.
Taking female images
Take 20 images of items worn by female characters
A popular new project idea from our recent survey was to have more images of items which have a different appearance when worn by female characters. We are looking for players to help us take images of these items.
- If your character is not already female you can change this with the Makeover Mage.
- We have a list of items which may potentially have a different appearance for female characters here. For each item (or item set) you should wear the item in game and see if there is a significantly different appearance to the male version on the wiki page.
- If there is not a significant difference please add a comment to the sheet to say that you have tried the item already.
- If there is a significant difference then please take an image and upload it to the wiki.
- Note that some items are part of set - in this case you should include all items in one image. You can use the existing images on relevant pages to see which items should be included in a set image.
- You can use this guide to take a high quality image; follow the instructions for taking an equipped item image. Please follow the instructions carefully and ask for help on Discord if you are finding it difficult to take the image.
- Follow the instructions to upload your image. You should name the image: "[Item name] equipped (female).png". For items which are part of a set, all the items should be in one image named "[name of item set page] equipped (female).png".
- Add a comment on the sheet to say that you have taken the image - if you have taken a set image remember to comment for each item.
Document item spawns
Contribute data about 200 item spawns
A new feature that we'd like to add to the wiki is information about item spawns. We are looking for players to track down item spawns and obtain some data about them so that we can start work on this project.
Improve incomplete pages
Improve 7 of the pages listed
The pages below have been flagged needing completing. We need people to add the information which is missing.
|Article||Improvements needed||Add wiki user name when done|
|Varrock Museum||Add events from The World Wakes||Wingedpixie|
|Kharshai||Add information from Missing, Presumed Death||Wingedpixie|
|Ilujanka||Add information from Varrock Museum and One of a Kind|
|Strisath||Add information from Hero's Welcome||Wingedpixie|
|Lumbridge||Add information on Lumbridge Rebuildathon and Battle of Lumbridge|
|Gameplay settings||Expand/re-write page as it is currently just a copy of the settings menus|
|Smithing/Level up table||Update for Mining and Smithing rework||AnduRoYT|
|Defence/Level up table||Update for Warrior's guild (and defenders up to rune) now being F2P||Wingedpixie|
|Balloon transport system||Update for addition of a charge system and removal of the weight limitation|
|Members||Add better reason and newer quests|
Add patch notes from 4 different updates to relevant pages
One of our newest (and most ambitious) projects is to document information about how game updates have affected content over time. A group of editors is currently working through old patch notes and copying them on to pages of content that was affected by each patch.
#update-historychannel on our Discord.
Here's some that we are prioritising from 2016:
- Update:Patch_Notes_(31 October 2016)
- Update:Patch_Notes_(24 October 2016)
- Update:Patch_Notes_(17 October 2016)
- Update:Patch_Notes_(10 October 2016)
- Update:Patch_Notes_(3 October 2016)
- Update:Patch_Notes_(26 September 2016)
- Update:Patch_Notes_(19 September 2016)
- Update:Patch_Notes_(12 September 2016)
Money making guide review
Review 5 of our collecting money making guides
We need players to test our money making guides! Currently we are looking for feedback on the "collecting" type of guides and want to know whether the items involved can be bought and sold reliably and whether any updates or improvements are needed for the methods.
- Test the required method and record how long it takes to obtain the times listed/how many were obtained in an hour
- Sell the items produced
- Use the feedback form here to tell us about how well the guide worked
You can review any guide from this list and earn a bond for reviewing 5 different guides:
- Collecting swamp toads
- Collecting swamp tar from the Lady Zay
- Shearing sheep
- Collecting jangerberries
- Buying dragon bitter
- Collecting wine of zamorak
- Collecting limpwurt roots
- Picking potatoes
- Collecting honeycomb
- Picking bananas
- Collecting blue dragon scales
- Collecting white berries
- Collecting mort myre fungi
- Finding Zamorak mjolnirs
Create 10 of the required pages
- Create a page, if one does not already exist, using the NPC's in-game name. If the NPC is simply called "Shop assistant", "Shopkeeper" or "Musician" you can name it using the NPC's in-game location to distinguish it from others - e.g. Shopkeeper (Combat Training Camp).
- Fill out the page as per that example.
- You must have a wiki account and cannot be blocked. Anonymous edits will not count. You can sign up for a wiki account at Special:CreateAccount.
- The reward for completion of each task will be one bond. If multiple editors contribute to a finite goal then the prize may be split between them.
- You may also be awarded GP if you work on a goal but do not do the full amount of work required to earn a bond. The amount of GP will be equal to the percentage of the task being completed. You must do at least 25% of the total task to claim a reward.
- If you are awarded a bond or a share of a bond, you can get in contact with one of the project runners on Discord, and claim it in-game.
- You can claim 2 bonds over each 2 week period that tasks are active.